Security Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahamed90

Reaction score
Hi

I believe my site and hosting account have been breached. My computer shows weird viruses on my site. To sort this out, is it possible for the devs to reset my hosting and account or change my home directory or account to mahamed90.

Thanks

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Haven't you tried to delete your website and change your password yet? That should have been the first thing you did. Also, make sure that your email associated with the account isn't compromised. If you need to, you can also change that in your account panel.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to empty out everything in public_html as well; check the bottom of your index.php and you'll find a bunch of random gibberish which is a virus that has attached itself to your wordpress install.

One note to make is the virus in question here is one that generally comes in via an exploit on the software itself - I've actually had it happen to my own install of wordpress thanks to some bad plugins. It could also have piggy-backed in via your home system, but I don't think that's as likely given the type of virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.