Security software telling me my domain is a "known fraudulent website"

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighmit

Reaction score
My security software, Virgin Broadband PC Guard stops me from going to my domain www.koriciza.org and tells me that it is a "known fraudulent website". I've only just bought the domain and there is nothing "fraudulent" about the site. Can anyone explain why this could be and how I can fix it. I assume mine isn't the only security software that's going to screen it out....

Thanks

Leigh

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
My security software, Virgin Broadband PC Guard stops me from going to my domain www.koriciza.org and tells me that it is a "known fraudulent website". I've only just bought the domain and there is nothing "fraudulent" about the site. Can anyone explain why this could be and how I can fix it. I assume mine isn't the only security software that's going to screen it out....

Thanks

Leigh

Hi leighmit,

Your site is working fine and my antivirus nothing reported about it. It is opening here a koriciza orphange site. Is that is correct site.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That looks like the same software Verizon uses for their security center. Unless the domain was simply unknown to the software or someone was spamming REPORT! when they came across your site or perhaps even it being on a previously known malicious IP, I'd consider it a false positive none the less. I checked your site out and nothing was in fact malicious about it (obviously).

leighmit

Reaction score
Hi leighmit,

Your site is working fine and my antivirus nothing reported about it. It is opening here a koriciza orphange site. Is that is correct site.

Yes, that is the correct site.
Edit:
That looks like the same software Verizon uses for their security center. Unless the domain was simply unknown to the software or someone was spamming REPORT! when they came across your site or perhaps even it being on a previously known malicious IP, I'd consider it a false positive none the less. I checked your site out and nothing was in fact malicious about it (obviously).

Thanks for this, but is there anything I can do to get the software not to block out the website? I've reported it as a "false positive" to Virgin Media PC Guard, but nothing has changed... Just worried no one will actually be able to see the site if their anti-virus blocks it out... :confused:

Last edited:

mc se7en

Reaction score
Yes, that is the correct site.
Edit:

Thanks for this, but is there anything I can do to get the software not to block out the website? I've reported it as a "false positive" to Virgin Media PC Guard, but nothing has changed... Just worried no one will actually be able to see the site if their anti-virus blocks it out... :confused:

It may just take them time before their system gets updated.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

Switch off the site monitor on it until the definitions are updated with a fix. You might even need to check who the company actually is behind the software and talk to them about your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.