self taught raw expression

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks Ok,

First thing change name servers of your domain to point to the hosting. Not the not just domain forward. .tk has nameservers facility now.

change them to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

nameservers propagation may take 24 to 48 hours.
then park your domain in cpanel.

second thing. Maintain uniformity in the text and in the images. text especially in work link all the years are covering entire site. Reduce them.

third thing you should think about the placement of the things. like bio if left align and the events is center align.

good luck.

cristov

Reaction score
Looks Ok,

First thing change name servers of your domain to point to the hosting. Not the not just domain forward. .tk has nameservers facility now.

change them to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

nameservers propagation may take 24 to 48 hours.
then park your domain in cpanel.

second thing. Maintain uniformity in the text and in the images. text especially in work link all the years are covering entire site. Reduce them.

third thing you should think about the placement of the things. like bio if left align and the events is center align.

good luck.

Oh wow, with this new server migration I made a new account, cvcreate and cristov are the same person, me; and you just helped me tonight with my FTP/Dreamweaver situation http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/111814-index-error-ftp-help.html#post637939. I looked at this post again to do this .tk change and I notice... your the same person! It's cool.

I am now unsure about this .tk switch. Unsure where to put the ns1 and ns2 change. Figuring it out now. More advice from you would be helpful.

Last edited:

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh wow, with this new server migration I made a new account, cvcreate and cristov are the same person, me; and you just helped me tonight with my FTP/Dreamweaver situation http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/111814-index-error-ftp-help.html#post637939. I looked at this post again to do this .tk change and I notice... your the same person! It's cool.

I am now unsure about this .tk switch. Unsure where to put the ns1 and ns2 change. Figuring it out now. More advice from you would be helpful.

As per the TOS only one account is allowed. So use only one account discard the another one.

By the way in http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en login to my dot tk and then there will be option called change DNS and give the nameservers as I told above.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I just wanna say Cool and simple website...

Good work keep it up ;)

cristov

Reaction score
As per the TOS only one account is allowed. So use only one account discard the another one.

By the way in http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en login to my dot tk and then there will be option called change DNS and give the nameservers as I told above.

Thank you again for your support with my problems. I am here trying to do what your saying. I have some more questions.

They have several options when I finally found it, it asks for What type, Name of Host, and IP address, the types they have you pick from are three different types type A, CNAME, and MX, when you choose a option it asks for the IP addresss. The address you gave me isn't like the ones they are giving as examples i.e for example it gives 45.22.23.181

Which type do I select? I have a suspension its type a and I just put the name and the numbers are just another name or configuration to what you gave me, (I will put in the the first one because you can only write in one I.P address) - before I do this change I'd like to make sure I'm correct before I do so.

Can you give me confirmation on this?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you again for your support with my problems. I am here trying to do what your saying. I have some more questions.

They have several options when I finally found it, it asks for What type, Name of Host, and IP address, the types they have you pick from are three different types type A, CNAME, and MX, when you choose a option it asks for the IP addresss. The address you gave me isn't like the ones they are giving as examples i.e for example it gives 45.22.23.181

Which type do I select? I have a suspension its type a and I just put the name and the numbers are just another name or configuration to what you gave me, (I will put in the the first one because you can only write in one I.P address) - before I do this change I'd like to make sure I'm correct before I do so.

Can you give me confirmation on this?

Hi cristov,

You have to select dns(domain name servers or simply Name servers) not the zone record.

There you can insert the nameserver names and its IP address

Last edited:

cristov

Reaction score
Hi cristov,

You have to select dns(domain name servers or simply Name servers) not the zone record.

There you can insert the nameserver names and its IP address

Man I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Not the zone record? What is that? I don't think I went to that. Here is the outline of what I did.

I'm clicking, my domains, list my domains, modify, it takes me to Modify your free domain name at the top of page and a drop box appears asking Domain forwarding, Use dot.tk free dns service, and lastly Use custom DNS service.

What do I click from here to do as your telling me to do?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Not the zone record? What is that? I don't think I went to that. Here is the outline of what I did.

I'm clicking, my domains, list my domains, modify, it takes me to Modify your free domain name at the top of page and a drop box appears asking Domain forwarding, Use dot.tk free dns service, and lastly Use custom DNS service.

What do I click from here to do as your telling me to do?

Click on custom dns service, Then add the ns1.x10hosting.com, ns2.x10hosting.com in the text files. There is no need of ip addresses. If you still want the ipaddress then you can ping the nameservers from your command prompt.

cristov

Reaction score
Click on custom dns service, Then add the ns1.x10hosting.com, ns2.x10hosting.com in the text files. There is no need of ip addresses. If you still want the ipaddress then you can ping the nameservers from your command prompt.

I add ns1.x10hosting.com to Nameserver?
and ns2.x10hosting.com to IP address? I don't think that because you just said no need for IP.

or do I just put those names i.e ns1.x10hosting.com and leave ip blank,
and i then add another name server? ie ns1.x10hosting.com and leave ip blank again?

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I add ns1.x10hosting.com to Nameserver?
and ns2.x10hosting.com to IP address? I don't think that because you just said no need for IP.

or do I just put those names i.e ns1.x10hosting.com and leave ip blank,
and i then add another name server? ie ns1.x10hosting.com and leave ip blank again?

The second one

Leave the ip field blank

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Done! Now why is it important to park my domain in cpanel. What is that? Parking a domain. I'm here now not knowing how to do it. Which would I park? www.cvcreation.tk? or www.cristianovalverde.x10hosting.com?

Ok once name servers are set the domain is pointing to whole x10 servers but not to your account. So

You want the .tk to point to your website right so you are going to use that

You can make the .tk domain point to your hosting account by

changing the primary domain to .tk in account panel --> http://x10hosting.com/panel.php

OR

Parking the .tk domain

OR

Adding the .tk as addon domain

Last edited: