Server Problem, Or Have I Messed Up Somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnahb

Reaction score
Ok, my blog hasnt been working for the last twenty minutes or so :sad:. I wouldnt, & dont usually make a post when its is down, and this is in no way a rant or moan at x10! Infact I find your free hosting service great, a lot better than the free host I switched from, and I greatly appreciate what you are doing & providing! :cool:

What Im confused with is: Basically, when I try to access my blog www.grimeworld.co.uk it instead loads a 'cPanel' page (which I remember seeing whilst I was in the process of setting up my blog) and I dont know if this is just a short term problem which will automatically be sorted, or if it is something I might have done (Dont know how I could have, everything is still showing when I FTP in, nothing deleted!)
If you check http://www.grimeworld.co.uk you will see the exact 'cPanel' page I am talking about.

So my question is :confused:: Is this just a normal short-term problem that will automatically get fixed, Or have I messed up somewhere, somehow? :dunno:

I sort of have the feeling that because Im seeing that specific page it must be something I have done. But I havent done anything but basically edit my themes files, and all was well after the last edit, then half hour or so later I come across this problem.

Thanks for reading, and any input / help!

ompster

Reaction score
server is having domain problems. the more and more i read sounds like nameservers are down or something?

burnahb

Reaction score
server is having domain problems. the more and more i read sounds like nameservers are down or something?

No idea but hopefully it is something to do with that, and that I havent messed up! :happysad: Are you or anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Also might be worth mentioning that the last thing I was working on was a new forum, just set it up with phpBB and done a minor bit of customization just to find out whats what until tomorrow. Dont think this could have caused the problem though as my blog was still working for a good half hour after this.

ompster

Reaction score
Alot of people with domains are having problems althought the ones that x10 provide seem to be working just without the www. sub-domain on the front of it
but appart from that it seems to be working. Editing config files ,etc shouldnt effect your blog for starts and im guessing you main page is your blog?

burnahb

Reaction score
Ah seen, hopefully Im one of them and it will be sorted in due time then. Just wanted to ask incase it was something I might have done, and could have sorted myself, or maybe with a bit of help :)

Yea my main page is my blog. Didnt think editing my theme could cause this problem, especially as it worked for half hour after. I also save after each edit, and check the blog in a new window to make sure all is well.
The forum is basically its own thing aswel, in its own dir, own database, and no link from or to my blog yet.

Thanks for your input ompster

Mashy

Reaction score
I am having this problem at the moment, too. Just posted a thread about it. I should probably read other threads before posting.
I just tried it, and removing the www. from the front seems to do the trick, though people still won't be able to access it.
So am I right in thinking that it's x10's problem then?

Just to let you know that I am not having a go at x10 in anyway. I love what they provide so much :D

burnahb

Reaction score
I am having this problem at the moment, too. Just posted a thread about it. I should probably read other threads before posting.
I just tried it, and removing the www. from the front seems to do the trick, though people still won't be able to access it.
So am I right in thinking that it's x10's problem then?

Just to let you know that I am not having a go at x10 in anyway. I love what they provide so much :D

Im guessing its a problem on x10's side as it seems to be affecting a few of us. Removing the www doesnt work for me, are you using your own domain name or one with x10?

Think Il just check back in a few hours and see if theres any updates.

Mashy

Reaction score
My own domain name doesn't work, the .x10hosting one does, and removing the www. from the start of my own domain does work.

burnahb

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. Still not working for me, cant check the .x10hosting one though cause I dont think I have one anymore! lol

Mashy

Reaction score
I think it should still be on your account, at least mine is.

Just try what you used when you first registered, before you applied a domain name.

ompster

Reaction score
my site is back to normal (for now) reading a few other threads apparently they where moving some sites to a different server? Can any admins input on this perhaps?
also burnahb your domain might not come back for a while depending on how fast it propagates around the web
cheers

mtyler7807

Reaction score
I have the same problem and it is on the x10 side. if you log in to "www.x10hosting.com" and you are using you own domain look at the amount of space used. Mine says that i have used 0 mb of bandwidth and 0 MB of diskspace. And you know that is not possible. SO hopefully they can get it straight.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Mtyler -- The graphs mean nothing, they are just not updating currently, that is low on our list of things to fix.

You need to change your domain through the account panel to be without the www. before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.