Shared database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbchris

Reaction score
Not to long ago i was browing my MySQL databases when i noticed the database named "test" was filled with a bunch of tables, it was a phpbb installation, which was strange considering i havnt installed phpbb. I browsed the tables and found the site it was installed to, The site was kgenesis.x10hosting.com/, I contacted the owner and he said he installed the forum to a database on his account called "Test", could we possibly be sharing the database?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Wow thats wierd! I have no idea how that could happen espcially since you are on a different server (the biz server) This is a question for Corey :p

Edit: ohh your not on the business server.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I have noticed the MySQL database named "test" also for quite a long time now. It's always been there. I always see changes in it and diffrent tables. I think it's just a database thats "free" and any user can add/delete/modify it, but I'm not totally sure.

vbchris

Reaction score
Tyler said:
Wow thats wierd! I have no idea how that could happen espcially since you are on a different server (the biz server) This is a question for Corey :p

Which is also strange considering I was asked to be placed on the buisness server but it seems that hasnt happened...

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I just checked and yeah I can see it to only in phpmyadmin. Im sure corey will get it fixed soon :)

Which is also strange considering I was asked to be placed on the buisness server but it seems that hasnt happened...
Are you paying?

vbchris

Reaction score
Tyler said:
I just checked and yeah I can see it to only in phpmyadmin. Im sure corey will get it fixed soon :)

Are you paying?

Yup I am indeed, I got sent a PM asking if i wanted to be switched to the other server, i said Yes.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Ohh Ok, Then you should be moved. I will let Corey know that you havent yet.

n4tec

Reaction score
that is extremely weird... i seem to have that database too... I should then leave the shared server ship and move to biz server..

Status
Not open for further replies.