ShoutCast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stcool

Reaction score
.... So can we make a 24/7 ShoutCast by this server? I know that we cant because during the rigistation... it said that... it isnt allowed.... but think i also read some post that it CAN happen.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No, we do not allow it.

-Corey

Zenax

Reaction score
I believe that you can have the code for it set up on your web page, however, you hav to set your home computer up to be the radio station server, and you stream your music through that.

That way you are not actually using X10's servers to host the music, all you are doing is streaming it through the web.

Hope this is of some use.

Regards,
Zenax

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Zenax said:
I believe that you can have the code for it set up on your web page, however, you hav to set your home computer up to be the radio station server, and you stream your music through that.

That way you are not actually using X10's servers to host the music, all you are doing is streaming it through the web.

Regards,
Zenax

^^ Correct.

-Corey

Stcool

Reaction score
Zenax said:

Regards,
Zenax

errr.... okai, So how can we get the code?

dpogary

Reaction score
you can make the code yourself...if your skilled...or you could find a tutorial helping...and im sure someone like senor would be happy to help you with the code

Shadow121

Reaction score
i know we aren't meant to bring posts back from the dead but i was wondering. My friend has a linux PC and were thinking of setting it up as a Shoutcast server type thing is it ok to have a website on these servers like a dj thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.