Signups & Account Panel - Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
After two days of being down, the account panel and hosting signups are back open. We've changed away from the old system used to manage Ad-Free hosting accounts and moved it use cPanel instead.

If you guys experience any problems with signing up or using the account panel, let us know here please.

Thanks!

deadimp

Reaction score
I've just tried to create an Ad-Free account, and when I submit all of my information, the next page just returns a crapload of errors, with the first one being:
Code:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [function.SimpleXMLElement---construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Space required after the Public Identifier in /home/corey/public_html/includes/classes/jmRemoteAPI.class.php on line 140
Apparently, it didn't submit the information either, because the page is still the same (same info), and when I check username availability, it says that it's still there.

Also, with the new system, do we link to our forum account if we're signing up for Ad-Free? Or is it the same as before?
If we need to link, could I get my forum username changed back to deadimp?

EDIT: I didn't see these messages on the panels:
Step 1: Error from account backend caused by the domain, please choose another.
Step 2: Error from account backend caused by the hosting username, please choose another.
I'm gonna try and login with my info, but right now I'm confused. I didn't check to see if these errors were there on the first time I tried to submit the info, though.

EDIT 2: Login wasn't successful, but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the account panel or hosting sign-ups.

It looks like your permissions are set wrong on your files, change the to < 777

-Corey

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Deadimpx: I believe that I have fixed those SimpleXML errors, it should be working now. Thanks for posting about it.

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
I tried to signup again, and the SimpleXML errors aren't there, but the processing errors still are:
Step 1: Error from account backend caused by the domain, please choose another.
Step 2: Error from account backend caused by the hosting username, please choose another.
Does this mean that it's already in use? I used the "Check if ... is available" buttons, and none of them told me that the account/domain was taken.

Also, should we link to our forum account for Ad-Free hosting?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you should now link your account and info; Your account might have been created before even though you got an error.

Try logging into the cPanel with the info you signed up with... it should be your subdomain:2082
http://sub.domain.x10hosting.com:2082

-Corey

deadimp

Reaction score
Before I do that, could I get my name switched back to 'deadimp'? Before, I had to change it so I could use Ad-Free and the forum.

I've tried to access cPanel using deadimp.x10hosting.com and deadimpx.x10hosting.com, but neither worked.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
What are the username and domain that you are trying to sign up with?

Edit: I just switched your name back.

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm trying to sign up with deadimp as username and deadimp.x10hosting.com as sub-domain. I'll try again.

EDIT: I've been able to register my account and link my forum account without any errors. Now I'm just waiting for the account to be created.
Thanks for the help!

EDIT 2: Alright, the account's been set up, and I've been able to login on the x10hosting account panel. My ISP can't resolve the subdomain yet, but I'm guessing that'll take a while to happen. Then again, the server seems to be unavailable at the moment (looking at the account status panel).

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
I'm posting to say that everything's working so far on my end. My subdomain, cPanel (at least the first page), and FTP all work. I can't really test it any further, 'cause I gotta go to sleep.

EDIT: Man, it's been almost 2 or 3 years since I've used cPanel...

Last edited:

elven

Reaction score
after a long absence (and my old site being rightfully deleted) i created a new hosting account (linked it to this forum account)
recieved a mail with:

Username: loquetus

Password: xxxxxxxxxxx

Domain: slaver.x10Hosting.com

Hosting Package: Corporate

E-mail: gerrit_janssens_jr@hotmail.com

To manage your hosting account's details (Domain, package, etc), use our account management panel located here:
http://x10hosting.com/account

To login to cPanel, use the following URL:
http://slaver.x10hosting.com:2082

If you need help with anything, check out our hosting support options here:
http://x10hosting.com/support

Thank you for choosing x10Hosting!

yet i can not login to my account at
http://x10hosting.com/account (reason username does not exist ?????)
and http://slaver.x10hosting.com does not exist either it seems

edit:
still not working for me, tried support forum first but reply was: see news (that's not a big help)

Last edited:

Xempttt

Reaction score
I created a hosting account and when i login at x10/login it acts like its redirecting me but then it says error logging in.

elven

Reaction score
made my post at 07-01-2007, 09:46 PM
and so far no reply or help has been given :shifty:
so don't count on anything happening about it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.