Site feedback

tommy5bx

Reaction score
I had to build a website for a college course. Its at 5.x10.mx

I know its pretty basic, so I would like some feedback and suggestions before I submit it for marking.

Thanks in advance.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it is simple (not a bad thing), easy to read, and easy to navigate. Did not find any broken links.
I did find a few spelling errors on the main (index.html) page;
"5x10 is a simple exercise plan that takes just 10 minutes and requires no equipment or personal trainer. It consists of 4 exercies to develop strenth and flexiblity and 1 exercice to improve your cardiovascular system. Pumping weights isolates muscles and creates imbalances that lead to injuries. 5x10 exercises are designed to use your body's muscles as nature designed, achieveing an alround level of fitness."

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That is very discordant colour scheming you have there. I would recommend toning down the yellow at least. You could also do with some more actual content.
However, it all really depends upon the criteria for the course, if this surpasses the criteria then you're fine to keep it as is.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Lots of text on your page and that with yellow background, it's really painful for my eyes.

tommy5bx

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.

The assignment is about implementing the code taught in class, rather than content. My laptop screen must be dull, I didn't think the yellow was that bad. Hopefully the blue is more appealing.

meyvn

Reaction score
The blue does help, but there's still a couple other problems (to my taste, at least). I think if you're going to have the text bound to a center column, you should probably put it in a frame to differentiate it from the rest of the site's background color. It looks kind of awkward on my fairly large monitor. The "Home, Members, and Help" links also look weird on a large monitor, because they spread further apart the larger the monitor is, and the HUGE space between them just doesn't work in my opinion.

Still, it's simple. It works. Better than some of the dreck out there.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That colour certainly is a lot better. If that now passes the criteria for your assessment, then I would say it is fine.
If you want a full opinion, I would say it is a little too narrow, unless you are aiming for the mobile device users. Images would also be a good way of hugely adding to the interest of the page, as it helps to break up the text a bit.