Site ideas...

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Alright here's the down-lo... I am going to start a website (it is going to consist of a vBulletin - the newest version, whenever a new version comes out, it will be updated within a day; and a portal to go with it, maybe some other mods aswell). Anyways, now, I have very limited ideas, the site is going to be called civilr.com (you can access it from civilr.net, civilr.org, and civilr.ca aswell.) and I have someone that runs a design company doing anything that I need for me. Now I would like some feedback and suggestions on any ideas that might bring the biggest userbase possible (something that everyone might be interested in).

Please guys help me out here, post ALL ideas that you have (no matter what they are) and I want everyone to leave their comments on eachothers ideas. Hopefully I can get a good idea out of this.

NOTE: The person(s) that come up with the best idea will be awarded Moderator status on my site when it goes live (and hopefully BIG!). I plan to be active everyday on it always working to improve stuff, so I don't see any reason why I can't make a largely successful site.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions - in advance. :hsdance:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm moving this to Site Management, I think it belongs there. Moved!

Jordan K

Reaction score
Ahh my bad I thought I was in the site management forum when I clicked New Thread. But I usually have like 4 IE's open for each different site I am at. I guess I must have had the wrong window open. But thanks for moving it. :)

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
You seem really good at php well maybe you can help people or something answer there questions and crap.... o_o;

I dunno.................... but put a website promotion on it!!!

But I don't know what else, anywho a website promo would be nice.

Y`ou need to get the right people to come on there like GFX designers and Html template makers..........but thats all I Know..

Just a suggestion! but its not a big one!

Last edited:

Akkarin

Reaction score
You could have a gaming community based forum and then have small side forums to do with tech related stuff.

Check this site out: http://gzevolution.net/forums/

It's main theme is gaming but you could add web development and other side forums, I think this is the best way to get members as almost everyone loves gaming! Unless you don't like gaming then obviously don't make a forum about gaming choose something you are interested in.

B

Brandon

civilr said:
Ahh my bad I thought I was in the site management forum when I clicked New Thread. But I usually have like 4 IE's open for each different site I am at. I guess I must have had the wrong window open. But thanks for moving it. :)

Maybe a webdesigning company?. Also use firefox its tabbed browsing.

Jordan K

Reaction score
Already have a web design company that me and my friend are doing, you can find it at Evident-Media.net. Anyways I like Akkarin's idea, I had that in mind from the beginning I wanted to do something like that with the main point as gaming and little tech forums on the side. :hsdance: Any other ideas guys?

Conor

Reaction score
I would suggest starting the site on what you are interested in rather than basing it on other peoples interests and likes because that way you could better contribute to the site and overall it would be a better website.

Jordan K

Reaction score
Lol, but I am really terrible on the ideas part. I don't really care because my interests generalize into mainly something like a gaming forum with sub forums. It sounds good to me I think I would enjoy running one (as long as it became popular lol.) Anyways, that's basically why I asked for suggestions. :hsdance:

B

Brandon

Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Vietnam Redux, Battlefield 1942, Secret Weapons of WWII, Battlefield 2 Special Forces, Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough, MOH Pacific Assault, MOH European Assault. I own them all! Want me to list COD

Jordan K

Reaction score
I don't know, gaming, programming, designing, ... that's pretty much it for the computer. That's why I set up forums I want it to be a community of people discussing things. Because I love being on forums. :p

Jordan K

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Vietnam Redux, Battlefield 1942, Secret Weapons of WWII, Battlefield 2 Special Forces, Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough, MOH Pacific Assault, MOH European Assault. I own them all! Want me to list COD

Ahh, a WWII style lover. :p I love them too, they seem to have more of a point to the game than just the ordinary FPS game *cough CS*.

B

Brandon

Call of Duty, COD United Offensive, COD 2, Call of Duty: Big Red One

Jordan K

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
America's Army... (No I dont own any more!)

Lol, technically I don't own any of them... but their all installed on my computer. Weird huh.?:coolugh: