Site says it is published, but doesn't show up

wheedance

Reaction score
Do you mean the file created when I preview the site? That says it is here - file:///C:/Users/Hilda/AppData/Local/Temp/~tl5dda/index.html
but I can't find it anywhere on my computer. I've searched in that folder and it doesn't show up. I can send you the file I have saved with my software? But it probably only works with cutesite builder

wheedance

Reaction score
Oh My Goodness! It is there! How did you do it? Did I do it accidentally? I'm SO SO THANKFUK! Thank you a million million times!
You should zip and upload via the file manager from your previous screenshots the LOCAL files from your software that you built the website in
Oh My Goodness! It is there! How did you do it? Did I do it accidentally? I'm SO SO THANKFUK! Thank you a million million times!

wheedance

Reaction score
I would take the admins offer. I'm trouble shooting from past experiences. Sorry I couldn't help more positively.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am unsure what you mean by there? Are you now seeing your site properly loading?

ctyrd

Reaction score
Do you know how it got fixed? I want to be able to duplicate that.
https://ostbyfamily.x10host.com/index.htm does not display 2023, and from the 2021 link and down goes "404 page not found". Not fixed.

Cutesite Builder Help from what I can tell, you're using the software incorrectly. I really don't want to use this kind of software for making a website. In short it is not good at all. It is proprietary! The user never learns source code.

From what I did read, there is no way to export the website to a local storage in html format. There is a save as, option in the builders menu, for pages. Looks like at least 21 pages are needed for your website. I'm leaving a screenshot of my /public_html directory.
public_html.png

There are easier ways to maintain a website. One is a free one page bootstrap template.

wheedance

Reaction score
https://ostbyfamily.x10host.com/index.htm does not display 2023, and from the 2021 link and down goes "404 page not found". Not fixed.

Cutesite Builder Help from what I can tell, you're using the software incorrectly. I really don't want to use this kind of software for making a website. In short it is not good at all. It is proprietary! The user never learns source code.

From what I did read, there is no way to export the website to a local storage in html format. There is a save as, option in the builders menu, for pages. Looks like at least 21 pages are needed for your website. I'm leaving a screenshot of my /public_html directory.
View attachment 11282

There are easier ways to maintain a website. One is a free one page bootstrap template.
When I look at it all of the years pull up?

wheedance

Reaction score
When I look at it all of the years pull up?

Good deal. glad your satisfied with it!
I truly appreciate all of your help! It will work for our Christmas greeting this year and as far as I can see past years are displaying for me. I know how to use the software, but lost the settings to publish. However I'm sure I need to try to use something more current. This will give me time to find something. I don't know anything about coding at all. I'll look at the thing you suggested. Would I have to redo everything? Have a wonder full Christmas!

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I truly appreciate all of your help! It will work for our Christmas greeting this year and as far as I can see past years are displaying for me. I know how to use the software, but lost the settings to publish. However I'm sure I need to try to use something more current. This will give me time to find something. I don't know anything about coding at all. I'll look at the thing you suggested. Would I have to redo everything? Have a wonder full Christmas!
After refreshing the cache locally on the server I can also now see your 2023 content!

I can confirm no one at our team did any changes and can confidently say you worked this out one out yourself using any guidance we provided! So good job there!

Hope you have a great Christmas and holiday!

wheedance

Reaction score
After refreshing the cache locally on the server I can also now see your 2023 content!

I can confirm no one at our team did any changes and can confidently say you worked this out one out yourself using any guidance we provided! So good job there!

Hope you have a great Christmas and holiday!
Well I wish I knew how I worked it out ha ha! Thank you again for all of the help! Have a wonder full Christmas!

ctyrd

Reaction score
Well I wish I knew how I worked it out ha ha! Thank you again for all of the help! Have a wonder full Christmas!
Now I can see 2023, and all the years! You did a nice job with the Cutesite Builder, looks good. Hope you enjoy your Christmas travels.