Site Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsuniverse92

Reaction score
Umm I'm still kind of new to this support thing, so I'm not sure if this is the same thing as a support 'ticket'.

Anyways, a few days or so ago, my site dsu.x10.mx got suspended. The reason is hosting a MySQL chatbox.
May I please ask something?

Why? Why is it that no free hosts allow chatrooms/boxes?

I am merely a hobbyist web programmer only in his teenager years. I along with all of my friends who have worked on DSU are quite upset because of this. All we wanted was a host that would allow us a chat to keep up and talk with our friends. That's all. I mean, it's not like we wouldn't watch over it. We have over 10 administrators/moderators--all of whom care about the well beings of others. We wouldn't let anything happen to anybody. When it comes to websites for the Nintendo DS systems, I don't mess around you know! So then, why do you not trust us? Why no chat?
Is it because it would hog the server? Is it because it's illegal for a free host to allow them? What?

Anyways, I will remove the chatroom from the site in it's entirety provided that my account gets un-suspended.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
They're not allowed because of the amount of MySQL queries they take, which consumes server resources very quickly, making the experience worse for users who want the resources for running "standard" types of sites, such as those running CMSs.

:)

Last edited:

dsuniverse92

Reaction score
Sigh...So then I suppose having a paid host account might allow a chatroom?
And proper sites? Pardon? The only reason DSU is the way that it is is because I have others working on it, and they're not as serious and as good programmers as I am. I told you: I don't mess around. I spend hours upon hours working constantly at my computer. And not only that, I visit W3Schools.com every day to learn something new! And to have a creation as promising as DSU suspended just because we didn't know? Kinda harsh. If I could just have the site un-suspended, I would be happy to remove the chat.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If you move to premium or illuminated, chat scripts are then allowed as the servers don't have anywhere near as many users to cope with. Also, if you current free account would be moved to the premium hosting if you upgrade.

dsuniverse92

Reaction score
I know, I know. I've been giving a lot of thought about paying for my websites. They could go a lot farther then. @lemon-tree

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you-I could have phrased that better. I mean that chat scripts take a lot of resources in comparison to the odd query a CMS would use, like Joomla etc. That's what I meant by a "proper" site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.