Some Tips and Tricks To Share

prasys

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got some tips and tricks to share on how-to optimize your hosting package . Thus , giving you more "bandwidth" and more "space"..These are my oringial Tips and Tricks.

1. Enable Low-CPU Usage Support

Again , most of the Scripts , support this option , disable th uneeded stuff. Normally , if you have an active forum , it would take up a lot of CPU Usage (in the Server). Thus , suspending your account. Its because that , Scripts like PHPNuke takes a lot of Server Usage and it takes a lot of SQL DB Space

P.S - I do not know if x10hosting cPanel comes pre-installed with CPU Settings Control or not

2. Always Backup

As a WebMaster , its your duty to backup your site , at least once a week. Its mainly because if anything happens to server (or if you format your Mac/PC) , you do not have to start everything..Instead , you got everything..Ideal for active sites , etc. If you update your site on a regular basic , just keep on backing it up

3. Enable HotLinking*

Again , I AM NOT sure if this function is enabled in this hosting or not.As I have not been accpected yet. HotLinking prevents 3rd party users to hotlink your images and put it in their site , thus sucking up all your bandwidth . This could result in high CPU Usage (in certain cases) and in certain cases , you may see the bandwidth is drained 10x faster. Always Disable it , if you still want to Hotlink , then enable it in "trusted sites"

4. Always Protect your ID

On the Web , is not too safe to give your e-mail address. Instead have a form to manage it .cPanel comes with many scripts that allows you to do this. Open up a SpamHole account and use it. Many sites get attacked , if they do not protect their ID. I suggest you to go to www.spamhole.com and sign up for an account.

5. Enable Compression

If you plan to create forums , always use Compression . It cuts the loading time (ideal for dial-up users) by half and cuts CPU USage aswell..Its highly suggested..I also suggest you to create Optimized JPEG Pictures , so Dial-Up users can enjoy it..and of course make sure you put a link for Broadband users , or those who wish to see the Hi-Res Picture. If you wish to share files , then compress it using StuffIt , or WinRAR (winzip) , I highly suggest to try 7-zip. Its because of the bandwidth

6. Get More Traffic

Getting more traffic is much more easier , all you need is a good content and then everything will be "zappy" . Try to adversite your site and try to post it here. So people can visit your site and comment about it...AGAIN, if you want to create an award-winning site , you must have the user feedback

Hopefully , these tips will help you....in many ways

InkMaster

Reaction score
prasys said:
I also suggest you to create Optimized JPEG Pictures

I never chose optimized, I use "progressive" at 5 scans, takes off quite a few kb's

prasys

Reaction score
Great..I know some of you folks prefer "progressive"....Over "optimized"...I hope everyone enjoy it !