StarWars or Lord or the Rings

hermitobserver

Reaction score
I would rather watch star wars, but i do like lord of the rings. The graphics are awesome in the new starwars, but lord of the rings is soooooooo more realistic.Anyone here have a favorite and why?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Wait, LOTR is more realistic? That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Definitely Star Wars (episodes 4-6) over LOTR. Old school special effects for the win!

marshian

Reaction score
Lord of the Rings is the best! I just love the books and the movie is based perfectly on the books (unless it wasn't possible).
I think hermitobserver wants to say that LOTR is based on a world that has already existed (middle ages), while Star Wars is based on a world that doesn't actually exist yet. Yes, there's magic in LOTR, but it fits perfectly with the story, while imo the weapons, space ships etc in Star Wars are less realistic and a lot more annoying...

Lord of the Rings +1

LHVWB

Reaction score
I really like the old starwars movies even with the old special effects, but I reckon that the newer movies sort of ruined it, especially the 3rd despite the ease of using modern special effects.

I think that Lord of the Rings wins, because all of the movies are good even if they are incredibly long. Both of these series of movies are very good anyway and both a worth watching if you have time! :)

Although I only really have time to do a lord of the rings marathon in the summer holidays. ;)

eliasr

Reaction score
Well, if we're talking about movies, maybe StarWars is better because create an era.

But Lord of the rings is a master piece, characters, history, places, lenguages, hey!, George Lucas say that LOTR was an inspiration.

To me, Lord of the rings is much better, and not only the movies, all the Tolkien universe.

Last edited:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
LOTR

it's the best movie(s) / book(s) i've ever seen/read

i don't care for star wars

TarouSensei

Reaction score
I like both, but prefer the original in both cases. SW Eps 4-6, and the written trilogy for LOTR.

I like the FX in LOTR, but I felt the Peter Jackson did not convey the story properly. He left things out, such as Old Tom, and the burning and reseeding of The Shire.

The FX in the newer Star Wars weren't that bad, but it did pale in comparison to the original trilogy. Switching the way Yoda, etc., look halfway through the story was a mistake if you ask me. Episode 3, I liked, because it actually felt like part of the story. But the other two seemed a bit too much like filler to me.

hermitobserver

Reaction score
I'm going over to my friends house tonight. We're having a L.O.R. party. it's going to take up the whole night. I'll try to respond back on my new review of it. But I still like R2-D2...:smile:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Star Wars for me! I'm more of a Sci-Fi person than a magical driven person. But both are nice though.

jhaddon

Reaction score
I'm a fan of both, although I find Star Wars to be more engaging. LOTR was an excellent read, but as I get older I find that there isn't much to the fantasy genre. Every book is just a rehash of LOTR.

Now, Star Wars is only more engaging if we include the expanded universe, and drop episiodes 1-3.

VPmase

Reaction score
I like LoTR better. Warcraft is based off of it (pretty much). xD Enough said.