!!!Suggestions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2PGames

Reaction score
okay i didn't check the post there to many pages so im sorry if this has been suj b4 but here it gos:

how about we do the google ads like "Shade" said, and also have Paid hosting palns on request and have teh paid accounts pre-payed you must buy 2+ months so that it dosn't waste the staffs time and also give the buying user 4 day warning of renewale of there account and if they don't want there site no more give them 1 week to take there mysqls and stuff off you're network b4 closeing there accounts, also we could have a Donation page so people can donate money and also sell V.I.P accounts and have a V.I.P section where they get more up to date news and better connection and faster support and!!! more mysql dbs and banwith if 45gb isn't enough lol! or space....

thats just my thoughts i hope the staff uses at least one of em! :D

Death

Reaction score
Custom Made Forum Skin Exclusively fro x10hosting ;)

Please update the forum! :p

Chirantha

Reaction score
Ok Fristly I would say NOT TO upgrade the forum. Another Forum I know upgraded and it destroyed the point system (I lost 855 points :().

1. The best thing x10hosting needs is a Server Staus Page on the main site.
2. Also I think its possible to show an alert like this when the Server goes down On top of every page on this forum.

Server is Currently Down. Please Wait while we Fix it

3. An IRC Channel to chat and get support

You can use my IRC Channel, I created it but I don't use it:

IRC Server : irc.slashnet.org
Channel : #chiranthasoft

Use mIRC or Some other free IRC Client You have. Note that Opera has a built in IRC Client.

4. More People should be able to Restart the Server if it goes down and refuses to restart automatically.

5. Atleast ONE support member should be online 24X7 (IRC would be greate)

Thank you,
Chirantha

Chris Z

Reaction score
well for one thing, i'd like to have the prices lowered for the shop, because it is almost impossible to get a domain, which is what i am aiming for, and i only have uhh 200 something points i believe. so idk if you will do that, staff, but i would really like a domain.

second suggestion, add more items to the store, maybe even actual software that you could buy, and then we could download it (i.e. photoshop or something cheaper...;)and then you could give us the license key or something.

i am thinking real hard about some other good suggestions...i'll be back

edit: i think i saw something about getting paid to be a member of x10...that's pretty cool hahah
kdubb.gif

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Shade said:
Vertical Advertisement

For the corporate plan i dont see why it doesnt have any vertical advertisement as it maybe better for certain website layouts. The user should also be able to switch between the two eg. the horizontal advertisement may be better for forums.

Google/Yahoo adverts

Instead of the x10hosting adverts for corporate use either google or yahoo adverts - i think i heard somewhere you get twice as much money for Yahoo and seeing as this is a US website (i think) you might be able to get more for your money. As courtesy, people should click on the adverts to gain more money for x10hosting.

i love that vertical advertisement idea, it would match my site nicely (not that the horizontal one doesnt, but who knows?)

N

Nathan

Shade said:
Google/Yahoo adverts

Instead of the x10hosting adverts for corporate use either google or yahoo adverts - i think i heard somewhere you get twice as much money for Yahoo and seeing as this is a US website (i think) you might be able to get more for your money. As courtesy, people should click on the adverts to gain more money for x10hosting.

In a recent episode of Diggnation Kevin Rose stated that he had put Yahoo! ads onto the Digg frontpage and recieved a significantly less amount of money in the time frame that the ads were on the site then when the Google ads are on the Digg frontpage. (In a similar amount of time.)

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
@ N2PGames: There is already a VIP Section for Priority Support.
@ Death: Doesn't sound bad, but this skin is very good. I really doubt anyone could make a better skin for x10Hosting Forums.

Last edited:

Hermoine22

Reaction score
I have a few suggestions

1) To get v bulletin as one of the fourm offers in fantistico( i know it is expensive) and or invision power board

2) I also like the server status page, that would help alot for many users also the site map which shows all sites offred and description.

3) If it is possible an easier way to make our staff acess to post their work on the site, i am not sure if other hosts c panels can allow more then one account, but that would helpful.

4) Also more mysequel databases is a good idea to, maybe 10?

Hope this helps thnx

Last edited:

Origin

Reaction score
sentient1080 said:
hyper89 said:
I just want to say, you guys are already doing a great job... Thanks x10.

@ alejandro: paid***

what is that supposed to mean??

lol i was merely correcting his grammatical error, where alejandro used 'payed' instead of 'paid'

BACK TO SUGGESTIONS,
along with purchasing additional space and bandwidth in the shop, and increasing staff to prevent spam posts,

i think we should also reorganize the marketplace section in the forum, and divide it up into images, coding, etc since as of now it is really disorganized
It is actually a spelling error :)

Shade

Reaction score
"4) Also more mysequel databases is a good idea to, maybe 10?"

You can always use one database for everything as a lot of the time (if you are using CMS's atleast) you can use prefixes

N

Nathan

Shade said:
"4) Also more mysequel databases is a good idea to, maybe 10?"

You can always use one database for everything as a lot of the time (if you are using CMS's atleast) you can use prefixes

What's a mysequel database? I've heard of MySQL and PostgreSQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.