Switching from Google Apps hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

egldad

Reaction score
Hi, I've just registered after getting fed up with Google's hosting, and I'm really excited about what I see here. However, I don't know how to get my domain name (killbuckdistrict.org) to redirect to the page I have hosted here (currently available at killbuckdistrict.x10hosting.com/). I purchased the domain name through enom, and I apparently just need to know which settings to put where at enom's site to have that happen. What I need is this information:

Host names + Address + Record type (A, CNAME)
Email settings? (MX Records, I'd need host name, address, and pref)

I just don't know what to put in for all these settings, since I'm a little new at this. Google filled it out automatically with a bunch of different settings (7 CNAMEs at ghs.google.com, 3 @'s at 3 different IP addresses), and that just confused me further. I know I have my own private IP address, but I don't know how to find that out.

Thanks for any help.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I suggest setting the nameservers on the domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Then you wont need to worry about all the other stuff and you'll be able to make the subdomains through cPanel.

egldad

Reaction score
Well, I did that and now I get a page load error for my control panel, and I get a message congratulating me on having cPanel and Apache server running instead of my index.html. You can see what I mean at killbuckdistrict.org.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've just checked and your domain doesn't seem to be pointed to x10hosting nameservers.
If you're using A records, you need to point them to: 67.228.162.200

egldad

Reaction score
You probably saw it after I changed it after giving up. However, I did have it pointing to a different IP address. I've entered in the new IP address (67.228.162.200) as an 'A' entry for '@' at enom's website. I've changed the DNS information from the custom nameservers back to "default" which allows me to create 'A' entries. It's still doing the same thing (although I have been able to access the control panel lately), but it may change in the coming hours.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot and show me how you've configured your A records..?

egldad

Reaction score
Sure, here are the three different configurations I've tried. The first one is the one that's currently active.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, set it to the 3rd one. This will give you full control of your hosting account services (such as mail, MX, etc).
After changing nameservers it may take some time for DNS to propagate/update.

egldad

Reaction score
Ok, I did that again. I'm now stuck with the cPanel "Great Success!" page, which I can't change. Where do I find this page to change it? I have a custom index.html sitting in my www and public html folders, but that's obviously not being seen.

1.JPG

egldad

Reaction score
Update: now killbuckdistrict.org returns a page not found error, and on my Account Management Panel, Apache HTTP is listed as offline. Any ideas?

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
I've found the problem on your account and fixed it. Your website should now be working. Please verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.