switching from Sitepad to Wordpress problem

deviceful

Reaction score
Hello, I installed Sitepad with Softaculous and then decided to change to Wordpress. I uninstalled Sitepad with the Softaculous uninstaller and it was succesful. Now, when I try to install Wordpress, my domain is not in the drop down menu (see attached screenshot). Nothing is. And you cannot type it in. It must be in the dropdown to be selected. It was in there when I installed Sitepad. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• no domain.jpg
    no domain.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 5

ctyrd

Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Use the direct admin hosting control panel file manager. Fix the file path, it should be /My Files/domains/yourdomain/public_html/.
There is five more directories in the /yourdomain/ directory. Hopefully only the /public_html was removed during uninstall.

directories.jpg

deviceful

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! I checked and the /public_html is still there. See the attached screenshot. Do you see anything else?

Attachments

• no domain2.jpg
    no domain2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5

ctyrd

Reaction score
Do you see anything else?
Can not see everything. In the My Files directory, is there a symbolic directory link public_html. It will have the little arrow.

Is WP the only software install the domain does not show up? It my be an force https redirect problem with Softaculous, then x10 Staff will have to resolve.

Last edited:

Rimsha

Reaction score
To resolve the issue with the missing dropdown menu when installing WordPress after uninstalling Sitepad using Softaculous:

1. Clear your browser cache.
  2. Try using a different browser.
  3. Contact your hosting provider for further assistance.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a known bug within certain browsers in which the domain is not showing in the drop down. As stated above try a new browser and/or clearing your cache.