Templates

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
How do they work? How do you post text images? Is there like a admin panel?

Rufio1

Reaction score
no not really, its all more or less dreamweaver or the other software from microsoft (dome remember the name). this site has a whole bunch of templates to choose from, but for gaming only. this video tut teaches you how to edit the template.

im not sure what text images are.

Last edited:

jaint

Reaction score
use frontpage to make your own, it's very very easy. If you want something more fancy, try using adobe photoshop to create it and then splice the images into a template (photoshop cs will do all this for you).

mcnair

Reaction score
webdesign templates are simply blanks that people can use if they cannot design their own site.

DDG is an anime graphics site that is a favorite of mine, and you can look at the designs to inspire your own creations.

as for text images, you mean like the image headers seen in like CSS Zen Garden? You can either make the headers yourself and upload, or use some program. I know Wordpress has this plugin to make image headers similar to that.

Colin

Reaction score
mcnair said:
webdesign templates are simply blanks that people can use if they cannot design their own site.

That is very true now-a-days. Now people whore templates and make them ridicously pathetic. Templates are so over used there is no creativity, orginality left. They were designed to make designing a site easier, but now you'll be lucky to find a template that is already used 50 thousand times making your site look like a cheesy knock off. I don't mean to make fun of people who use them, what I am saying is it is hard to find a unique template not already used.

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
I have to say that Colin is quite right in saying that you cannot find a unique template, that hasn't already been use thousands of times.

I used to use templates quite a bit, but got bored, and most of them weren't designed properly, they were done using tables instead of divs!

Second of all they had no originality, so I gave up. I now design my own websites but they are not as fancy as others, as I am no good on the graphics side of things.

Regards,
Zenax