Testing PHP Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poringy

Reaction score
On my website, I was testing PHP pages with CodeIgniter and CakePHP. These pages don't have ads since they're test pages that I continually delete and reconstruct. Then after a few days, I got suspended. I already paid $100 x10cash to unsuspend. Was this the reason why I was suspended? I have no other way to easily test my website through http.

Also, though it has been a while since the server move, my Cpanel looks like it's missing some features. For instance I don't see Fantastico and a few other things that I can't seem to remember.

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Put them in a folder marked test and pw protect it in cpanel. That way the nasty x10 admins cant see them =). No seriously, as long as they are protected, thats fine cos only you see them..

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
hay hay now, we are not nasty, we are doing what corey says. if you were to just put ads on them then you wouldn't be suspended

poringy

Reaction score
Eh, it's a bit tedious to put on ads for every page, especially when some of them are html. These test pages are continually deleted and new ones are made for testing. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do other than add the ad to the individual pages that will be deleted in about 10-50 minutes after creation.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
set up apache, mysql, and php on ur comp..then youll be able to test on ur pc.

jaint

Reaction score
using htaccess you can make it so that it puts ads automatically. Why not just do this sign up at geocities and try it out there, or just work on it and test it and then delete it when your done.

You were probably suspended for some other reason.

poringy

Reaction score
Err, Geocities doesn't have the features that I need to emulate the test pages. I don't have much time to to find out how to set up mysql, php, and apache on my computer right now since I'm taking the highest classes available from my high school. Is passwording a part of a site an option?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
poringy said:
Err, Geocities doesn't have the features that I need to emulate the test pages. I don't have much time to to find out how to set up mysql, php, and apache on my computer right now since I'm taking the highest classes available from my high school. Is passwording a part of a site an option?

Ya in cPanel click Password Protect Directorys, select the directory, click add then create a username/password.

jaint

Reaction score
or just create the directory called test and do your experimenting in there, then you don't have to do any of that.

poringy

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate the fast responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.