the legend of zelda: spirit tracks

king pbj

Reaction score
ZeldaSpiritTracksLogo.jpg

Trailer

Wikipedia Entry:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is the tentative name of an action-adventure video game under development by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console. It was announced by Satoru Iwata, the president of Nintendo, at the 2009 Game Developers Conference and will be released in 2009. The game will feature a cel-shaded art style similar to that of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks' protagonist, Link, will be able to travel across the game's main world using a cannon-equipped steam train. He will also be able to control an armored sidekick.

--------------------------------------------------

Well, another Entry in the Zelda series, looks good, but not better than Wind-Waker, but maybe better than Phantom Hourglass. What's with all these Toon Link games? They keep toning them down for small children, I want the serious dark story games of Adult Link like Ocarina/Twilight, or even a serious, dark game with Young/Toon Link! Like Majora's Mask! Anyway, the game looks good, but the train part looks retarded.

idfizbo

Reaction score
This sounds a little... non-zelda. It's really hard to judge, but a "cannon equipped steam train" sounds more steampunk than anything else. At the very least, that's more Dark Chronicle / Final Fantasy VI territory. Since when has Zelda had technology? -_-

I guess I'm just a bit biased... I learned to read at a year old by playing LTTP. :) Zelda is a big part of my life. That being said, I'll just wait for it to come out before I judge.