The suspension process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Ronnes

Reaction score
The suspension process when you get banned for the slightest things ever is seriously no need for that. I understand if someone has violated the rules in a major way. But suspending an account for 'prolonging too much usage' is respectively not really good reason is it? Also when your banned you get referred to a page, it says enter your user name etc. Once you have done that it says 'you have been banned for blah blah ##' then it says 'You will be automatically unbanned after the set period of time which is totally false. When you log into x10hosting.com then you find out a notice saying Auto Unsuspension? No. Okay, now we are getting somewhere... So please this is vital for customers to know the precise information so they are not confused.

I reckon you should code your ban page so that it tells the customer the ban reason and auto = yes, no and it should be automatic via client instead of inserting user account name which then contacts the server.

thanks, Ralph.

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Okay, first off the system does automatically ban for some reasons, usage violations (high resources) is one of them. The reason you must enter a user name is so that your site visitors can't just do it. High traffic sites don't want their users knowing whats going on. Also, in some cases you can unban your self (i.e. inactivity), having to enter the cPanel user name keeps others' from un-suspending the account. And, last high resource suspensions are automatically lifted, UNLESS it was placed by a staff member. In which case, it's up to that staff member to remove it.

Silktrophies

Reaction score
Believe inactivity in any of the forums leads to suspension, is there anyway to remind users to enter the forums ahead of suspension to avoid this happening?

jsobeck

Reaction score
Very interesting - I see you have had some problems and are being rather critical of x10. However, in your very low post count, I do not see any posts asking for help. So you are complaining about what now?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Just as a reminder to those that read this thread, we DO NOT e-mail users about suspensions, accounts that are nearing a suspension, nor do we notify the user if their account gets terminated because of the suspension.

If you read the TOS and rules on the forum, login at least once every two weeks and ask questions when you have questions, things should be fine.

Those that come on, with low post counts and complain about lack of this or that, need to stop for a few moments and read the forums. x10 has been around for quite some time, the staff is top-notch and willing to assist you, but we can't help if we don't know you are having a problem.

Corey has said it in the past, we aren't forcing you to stay here. If you don't like the rules and the service, then there are hundreds of hosting services out there that may just accept you as you are. Please take the time you used to complain and search out those other services.

Status
Not open for further replies.