the winners and losers of 2005! (in tech)

mattspec

Reaction score
apple - winer
apple - loser
google - winner
google - loser

matt is confuzed lol

M

minievan

Its not THAT confusing. Google will have won an award for something, Ie standards. But could of lost for something like design ''/

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Lol, Google simply owns. Those authors can STFU and just get on with their lives, it should be as easy as that. And how does an IE loophole have anything to do with Google? WTF Yahoo are noobs.

moose

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
Cool! Wikipedia Winner!

I don't have a reply to the actual topic, but PSSST.. Make sure you make your feelings backed up. You're in the Crossfire.

knoxoqe

Reaction score
EXTREME LOSER: Sony BMG Entertainment

Researchers at Information Security Partners recently identified a security flaw with SunnComm's MediaMax, an alternative copy-protection scheme found on other Sony BMG CDs. The flaw could allow a remote attacker to hijack a user's PC. This time, Sony responded with a patch almost immediately--which was quickly found to have the exact same flaw. Can you say "consumer boycott?"

That made me laugh a bit.
I think Apple and Google are _the_ winners and not winners/losers. These two companies have brought new inovations to the tech world and worked a lot to be where they are, people shouldn't judge them,... atleast not till 2006. :)

Last edited:

XColl

Reaction score
Acually, the reason why Google's design is so simple is because none of their programmers know how to use HTML which I thought was kinda funny. I've read it on PCMagazine like a long time ago.

B

Brandon

This was so predictible

Though it hardly counts as the worst of the
Federal Emergency Management Agency's transgressions during Katrina, the FEMA site where displaced people could apply for federal aid worked only with Internet Explorer and JavaScript. Relief workers using donated computers were forced to use the notoriously insecure browser to enter hurricane victims' personal information. Seems like everybody at FEMA was doing one heckava job.

Jordan K

Reaction score
Lol, a bit off-topic there, but that's a pretty interesting thing. Never knew that, sounds pretty stupid of them to do that.

B

Brandon

I mean Internet Explorer? Javascript?? Their looking for identity theif.

Jordan K

Reaction score
Lol, doesn't really matter what browser you're using... if it can be made, it can me un-made. So, either way you can get information theft happening there.