Thoughts on the design?

Aabra

Reaction score
It's been quite some time since I did some web designing so I figured I'd see what the community thought of my recent efforts. None of the links work just yet.. (well, they do if you like slashdot! haha) I'm still just working on the basic design before expanding on it.

http://wilshere.elementfx.com

Sohail

Reaction score
I like your colour scheme. I guess you just need to work on adding content...

VPmase

Reaction score
I like it, except for the pixelated image on the right. The font fits in perfectly with the style and the colors are good. Good work.

arsonistx

Reaction score
I would say change the navigation font to something regular like Arial. Also, the picture on the right really needs to go, or be edited.

Other than that, everything else looks great. Of course, add a lot of content. The colors go well together. Good work. :)

Aabra

Reaction score
Wait - pixelated image? Are you referring to the big picture of me holding a marker? (Yes, that's me... sexy eh? haha) It doesn't look pixelated to me.... unless you're referring to a different image? This has me worried as maybe it looks different for some reason for you guys.

This is what I see... and it's not pixelated.

Attachments

• website.png
    website.png
    430.6 KB · Views: 29

jcspice

Reaction score
Your English Classes link goes to my favorite site? :happysad:

I like the color scheme too. Yes the pixelated thing behind you.... They're too small to get some shadows...

You name on top, give it a shadow push...

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Well nice layout, color scheme and yes the pixelated thing behind u is a big trouble for the eyes. Umm the link you have provided like the english class, games, resume and etc.. all link to www.slashdot.com . Try to put your own content there. Even resume is being linked to somewhere else signifying nothing about you. I am deducting -2 for links which do not redirect for what you are linking. And on the homepage put some extra things like news, a small javascript game or something like this would be great.

Overall Rating : 7.5/10
-2 for wrong links ( pointing to nowhere ), -.5 for little content.

Jordan C

Reaction score
Templates amazing. I don't like the New Times Roman headings though. And I think the images need a backround that matches, white around the pictures looks ugly. Overall its great.

Last edited:

hopper

Reaction score
i think it looks good
only problem is all the navigation links point to slashdot, but nice start ;)

terrysolid

Reaction score
Only two little things I can see that need improvement:
1. The Times New Roman headings
2. Add a link for "home" on your navigation bar so that if the users visit, for example, the contact section, they can easily return to the home page.

shaunak

Reaction score
I like the color scheme

Two minor suggestions:
1. Try setting the font-weight to 600 or 700 for the heading.
2. Link your header back to your index page.

Ps: Here is how it looks to me

Browser Info: Opera 9.5 Krestel Beta2 on Win Xp Pro Sp2 + JRE 1.6

Last edited:

dig_enig

Reaction score
not to bad

just a couple of things
-colors are a bit hard on the eyes. try for a more muted palette.
-red text on a red back ground is going to eliminate 8 to 12% of the male population and a fraction of the female population who have color sensitivity(color blindness) from seeing your website. probably the same can be said for your nav menu but there maybe enough of a variance that it will still be distinguishable.
-finally change the background effect behind you pic it is distracting and pixelated.