Timeouts when Drupal tries to access MySQL

jhahoney

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been hosting my Drupal site on x10hosting since a long time. After some recent changes to the hosting by company (since few months), I get errors like the following almost everytime -

Code:
Warning:  MySQL server has gone away query: INSERT INTO watchdog     (uid, type, message, variables, severity, link, location, referer,  hostname, timestamp)     VALUES     (1, 'php', '%message in %file on line %line.',  'a:4:{s:6:\"%error\";s:12:\"user warning\";s:8:\"%message\";s:204:\"Lost  connection to MySQL server during query\nquery: SELECT dst FROM  url_alias WHERE src = 'taxonomy/term/87/0/feed' AND  language IN('en', '') ORDER BY  language DESC, pid  DESC\";s:5:\"%file\";s:44:\"/home/jhahoney/public_html/includes/path.inc\";s:5:\"%line\";i:69;}',  3, '', 'http://www.shantanutushar.com/taxonomy/term/87/0/feed', '',  '180.215.10.75', 1284408859) in /home/jhahoney/public_html/includes/database.mysqli.inc on line 128

What happens is the error "Lost connection to MySQL server during query" occurs, which then Drupal tries to log to a log table (called watchdog) in the DB, which again fails resulting in same error again, and Drupal again tries to log it, resulting in these steps occurring lots of times, and ultimately failing to display the page. And after some retries my account gets suspended for high system resource usage.
As this didn't happen earlier, I guess its because of some recent MySQL changes, any idea how to fix this? I tried to empty the "watchdog" table, but it didn't help. :confused:

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

And now I can't unsuspend my account :'(

A system error occurred while processing this action.
Error Code: 5227DEDB