Tired of Scrolling Banner?

javayathzee

Reaction score
Ok, if the mods don't like this post they can delete it. sorry...

I find it rather distracting having the "did you read all posts before posting" banner always scrolling at the top of the screen, so I wrote a script that hide it.

First you need to get greasemonkey (a firefox plugin) search google for it. Once you have it installed come back here :)

now that you have grease monkey installed with your firefox browser your ready to do some scripting.

look at the bottom corner of your screen. You'll see a little (cute) monkey head. right click on it and select "new user script...".

A window will pop up where you should put "hide banner", "hideBanner", "Hide the scrolling banner on the x10 forums", and "http://forums.x10hosting.com/*" in the respective places. Press ok (you might have to select a file editor like notepad++ at some point here, I don't remember where, but it will tell you you need to do so). and a file editor will come up.

add these lines after all the comments (were writing javascript code if you want to know).

Code:
var banners = document.getElementsByTagName("marquee");
for(var i = 0;i< banners.length;i++){
    banners[i].style.visibility = "hidden";
}
Now you can refresh the page your on and you should find that the banner is now hidden.
Even though you've hidden the somewhat annoying banner, don't forget to do what it says and search before posting!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I'm open to improvement ! :)