Totally Lost and Getting Server Errors: Parked Domains, Nameservers, and Main Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

wondertwig41

Reaction score
I was given permission by my pastor to modify the site threadconference.com a site for an upcoming conference my church is hosting. The domain was purchased on godaddy.com. The person who originally made the site doesn't want me hosting it on their personal server, which is somewhere other than godaddy.

I was not sure how to go about changing where the domain threadconference.com get's it's info. First I thought changing the Parked Domain through this site would work, but I also saw stuff about Nameservers, so I found the two listed on this forum: NS1.X10HOSTING.COM, and NS2.X10HOSTING.COM.

So I decided to do both simultaneously. I entered the domain info @ https://starka.x10hosting.com:2083/frontend/x3/park/index.html I registered threadconferance.com to redirect to thread.x10.mx. I also entered the nameservers mentioned above into godaddy, within minutes of eachother.

After about 20 min I could enter threadconference.com into my address bar and be sent to the info I was hosting here, but it would also change the address name to thread.x10.mx.

I figured if it was going to show the wrong name that I should make the displayed name as close to the original as possible. So on https://x10hosting.com/control/?hosting&modify I changed the name of my main domain through x10 hosting to threadconfence.co.cc. This brought my site to a page asking me to register with the company in charge of .co.cc, so I changed it back to thread.x10.mx.

Now when I enter threadconference.com or thread.x10.mx into my address bar I'm redirected to a x10 hosting Server Error. I tried waiting for the system to catch up to my changes. It has been like that for 4 hours now. How do I fix this mess, did I miss some key step of something? My site was working perfectly at thread.x10.mx before I tried messing with the parked domain, nameservers, and main domain. My files are still listed on the file manager, but they won't display.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Totally Lost and Getting Server Errors: Parked Domains, Nameservers, and Main Dom

THREAD is a unique 2-night event focusing on discovering and developing your unique life story. For young adults in the Santa Clarita Valley

Using both URLs.

Clear your browser cache and history before checking your site again.

The system just needs a bit of time to update itself when adding/changing domain names.

wondertwig41

Reaction score
Re: Totally Lost and Getting Server Errors: Parked Domains, Nameservers, and Main Dom

Clearing my browser cache and history worked, I can view my site again, but even when I type threadconference.com into the address bar it changes itself to thread.x10.mx. How do I get it to display threadconference.com and not thread.x10.mx?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score

Looks like you set up a redirect from the .com domain to the x10.mx domain.

Go to FileManager or FTP.

Find and open .htaccess in directory public_html

You should see somelines with RewriteRule and RewriteCond involving the two domain names. Put a # in front of the lines. This comments them out.

Alternatively, just rename the file .htaccessBAK and see if the site loads.

wondertwig41

Reaction score

Thank you so much! Everything is working the way it should now on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.