Trackball or Mouse

Mouse or Trackball ?

• Total voters

manzoor

Reaction score
Any one here uses trackball ??

Which one would you like to use and why ?
Mouse or Trackball ?

I have also heard that trackball cause less strain on hands and wrists

but haven't experienced this my self and I'm fine with my mouse

What about you ?

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
I find the trackball much harder to navigate than the mouse. I like to move my hand in the direction my cursor goes in. Yes, trackballs cause less strain on hands and wrists because hands and wrists don't move. But I like something that can move around. If I don't want my mouse in one place, I just pick it up and move it somewhere else. Trackballs are heavier, more expensive, and they hurt my brain rather than my hands.

Not to mention that you can't be a gamer with a trackball. If you can, it's DIFFICULT.

~~B3N

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Between mouse and trackball, I'd go for a mouse, but if it was between a mouse and a touchscreen/stylus, I'd go for the latter.

VPmase

Reaction score
Mouse. I've used a track ball and I find it more tiresome on the fingers to use than a mouse it to use with your hand. Also, I'm way to used to using a mouse to like using a track ball.

nat1192

Reaction score
I cannot stand to use a tackball. I would go for a nice mouse (laser, not ball) any day. I also prefer regular sized mice over those super-tiny portable ones.

sandogg

Reaction score
I would also say mouse.
Used a trackball a while ago and would not go back to it.

Archkronos

Reaction score
Neither, really. Tablets ftw. But out of the two?

Mouse.

More freedom, less of a feel like your being confined to a small space.

voice

Reaction score
I prefer trackball over mouse, but I'm not a huge fan of mice either. I don't mind using the mouse, but I am a keyboard shortcut maniac... You have to have a working mouse to use windows these days, but back in the good old 3.1x days (I've just established that even as a 24 year-old, I'm old...) you were fine without one. My first computer, a broken down old 286 with Windows 3.1x on it, could barely support a mouse when Windows was running, so I got used to keyboard shortcuts and I guess I just never moved on.
-Jake

Xemnas

Reaction score
I prefer using a mouse hands-down. There is no way I could possibly play Unreal Tournament or Halo with a trackball, let alone a tablet (which is why I'd want a USB mouse with my laptop when I get it one day).

manzoor

Reaction score
Agreed with Deathpie, you cannot be a gamer using trackball

All players of CS (Counter-Strike) I have seen use mice :)

I have a book in which it's written that heavy computer users prefer trackball over mouse

pennies

Reaction score
Mouse! I have a laser mouse with a tilt&scroll wheel and two more buttons on the side. Honestly, I don't know how I was able to use a computer before I got this, because I can't go back to a regular mouse now without feeling awkward.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer mouse over trackball. I've noticed that my laser gaming mouse is actually easier on my hand than the trackball ones I have. Besides, trackball, you can lose the ball (in school, before the ball covers were superglued, people used to steal the balls from the mouse), and dirt gets gummed up on the wheels. All you need with a laser or optical is a good surface and the only thing that will really bug the mouse is a speck of dust :)

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I haven't used a trackball, so to keep this poll fair I'm not going to vote on either.

I remember someone from the Urban Terror forums who uses a trackball.

rjwboys

Reaction score
I prefer trackball over mouse, but I'm not a huge fan of mice either. I don't mind using the mouse, but I am a keyboard shortcut maniac... You have to have a working mouse to use windows these days, but back in the good old 3.1x days (I've just established that even as a 24 year-old, I'm old...) you were fine without one. My first computer, a broken down old 286 with Windows 3.1x on it, could barely support a mouse when Windows was running, so I got used to keyboard shortcuts and I guess I just never moved on.
-Jake

lol im a mouse person but i do know a lot of keyboard shortcuts too lol im 24 too but i started with DOS man that was fun messing with a 2400 modem playing games like LORD or BRE on a BBS

fitzysit

Reaction score
i prefer a optical mouse, i have used them for quite some time now, i like to normal mouse as well but but optical are better.

Trackingballs are very hard to use, i have had to use them many times on computers in the past... they suck

Mindbleed

Reaction score
I just switched to trackball.

I have a Kensington Expert Trackball.

If you buy it from Newegg.com before 12/23 you can get a $40 rebate on a $90 trackball. It is taking a little getting used to, but I can tell that I do not move my hand around as much.

I was sucking at games for a bit, but now I am getting better Again.