Tutorials

Sohail

Reaction score
Hi, i am making a website for showing of Photoshop and Flash tutorials. The only problem is that i dont know how i should set this up e.g - forums, blogs, cms's ect... Does any one know any kind of php package or something to do this. If you look at the website - www.tutorialized.com - they have a great interface and design. How do you think i should do this or do you have any ideas or links to php/mysql stuff to preview my tutorials easily?

Sohail

Reaction score
Iv'e got joomla - http://sohailamir52.x10hosting.com/joomla - but do you really think its a good way for displaying tutorials? What would be a good idea is if people could rate them and comment them. Do you think its possible to have this thing on the front page displaying the most popular tutorials? Thanks for your reply.
Edit:
Sorry about this double post but I need a reply soon :( Sorry

Last edited:

warlordste

Reaction score
why not have a forum has a start phpbb forum and a link after that toutorial so they can go there?

Sohail

Reaction score
But i actually want to create and host the tutorials myself. Do you mean that i should create the tutorials in joomla and put links to it in PHPbb? I dont think that forums would be very effective, compare forums to http://www.tutorialized.com/ I want some kind of package that does it like that though i think joomla would be pretty good.

deaddevil

Reaction score
Do it using phpbb portals. you can post tuts, downloads everything and display them on the main page. Comes with a forum built in. The web based installer is to easy to configure even for a newbie. I think it will be the best for you. There are other options as well like vbulletin, nuke etc.

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

it's a mix of all I guess... tutorial sites usually are blogs or portals with a forum for support.

Sohail

Reaction score
OK thanks, i'm not a newbie! I just needed your opinion. I'll try out phpbb and tell you how it goes once i have finished installing it.