UNI.CC Add-on Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylon

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've been having problems adding my UNI.CC domain in the 'Parked Domain' function in cPanel, they're routed here...it's the domain that I used last time for my account.

It says
Parked Domain Additions

Cannot determine nameserver ip for thesgc.uni.cc. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register.

...Is it added in the apache conf file?

Cylon

Reaction score
That wouldn't help, as it can't resolve the name servers:

could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

Cannot determine nameserver ip for thesgc.uni.cc. Please make sure that it is registered with a valid domain name register.

could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
would i thave anything to do with the fact that .uni.cc has bein playing up recently?

Rhianna

Reaction score
In addition to the nameserver addresses:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
each nameserver has an IP, but I don't think you would need that additional information with an uni.cc address.
Has the working uni.cc address been in existence for quite some time while the new one you are trying to create relatively new?

yhap2003

Reaction score
I've tried different ways in adding uni.cc domain in cpanel but it would never work. U have to do something in the WHM to make it work!!! Instead of having (yourdomain.x10hosting.com) just use yourdomainname.uni.cc. A normal user cannnot do it. U have to as one of the account creator to do it for you!

Cylon

Reaction score
No,

Rhianna - The nameservers are pointing to x10hosting, they have been for sometime. This domain has existed for a year now, and it wouldn't fail me now.

The host has to edit resolv.conf.

Chris

Reaction score
You don't have to even go to cPanel to use uni.cc.

Just goto uni.cc and redirect it to yoursubdomain.x10hosting.com.

yhap2003

Reaction score
The main point i would like to use a uni.cc domain for it's because it's free and it might have dns!!

Cylon

Reaction score
Sadly, I believe any domain made after a certain point no longer offers DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.