8 months

Suspension Reason:
Inactivity

-----------------------------------------------------
Other Details::

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Account deleted due to inactivity. Logout of the forums (MUST DO) and signup again.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I logged out and tried as requested. First it failed saying that the email address I used was in use. I then used another email account I have and it then told me my user id was already in use. I think, once I get back on, I might apply for a $20 developer account if there are any still available.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Closing thread. Reopen if the issue is still applicable.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I tried as requested and this time got through in an e-mail sent to me saying the creation failed as gfinlay.x10hosting.com already existed and should be deleted first.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
The subdomain: gfinlay.x10hosting.com is already taken. You need to register a new one.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I know, it was mine before my account was deleted. Can I not use it again ?

gfinlay

Reaction score
I am confused, why would anybody want gfinlay.x10hosting.com when their site has absolutely no reference to gfinlay. Do you think there could be some sort of "sweep" up process that redirects any registered DNS names of deleted accounts to this or other default web sites?

I know I can select another DNS name, but my curiosity has been roused. I have dropped an e-mail to the site in question to see if they can shed any light on this.

Failing that, I will just select another name, its no big deal.

Thanks for the help.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've checked the other member account and this subdomain was not listed under his parked domains.
I've made some changes. see if you can register it now.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I have now gone through the registration process without any errors and the last thing I got was a message to wait for an e-mail, so I have definately got further. I will update again once the e-mail arrives.

Many thanks.

gfinlay

Reaction score
It's been a couple of days now and I have not had the confirmation e-mail. Do you think it has gone wrong, or am I still in a queue.

Many thanks.

gfinlay

Reaction score
I have checked them all, and there is still no sign of an e-mail. Sorry to be a nuisance.

Thanks

gfinlay

Reaction score
My Father was taken into hospital and died on Sunday, so I am tied up with that and my family. I will get back to this later next week after the funeral. Thanks for the help.
Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.