Up-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coonz

Reaction score
I was wondering i've been "trying" to develop some what of a site. It's impossible with this free server that has an up-time of about 06%. That's pretty terrible when you sit and edit files all day then go to test them together and the site is down or goes down before you get a chance.

How do you expect to get paid members when free hosting cant even stay up?
And before any moron says "It's free", any normal person that had brains would try stuff out first. You can give me a 99% uptime on it but that doesn't mean s**t.
The economy is so bad people want to know what they are paying for. Well x10, your free hosting is a bad example.

Now what exactly is the up-time on any of your free servers?

(Anyone that doesn't like these comments can go you know what themselves. I am only posting to let you know how i feel.)

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We will be suspending many accounts tonight for inactivty. That should greatly increase up time.

LuzTeTT

Reaction score
We will be suspending many accounts tonight for inactivty. That should greatly increase up time.

Lol? x10 has been like this for a very long time and always give the same excuses. It's a form of manipulation to get us to pay for a server, but I don't think I trust them enough as it is.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
We haven't been running the suspension script in a long time due to the new backend system. We will be suspending more then 10,000 accounts.

Coonz

Reaction score
See, i'm not the only one. I'm not disloyal or any of that. I appreciate the hosting for the time that i've had it but it's a joke to do anything. It's a bad representation and i think it hurts there profit/service. I also get what you were saying if that is true about manipulation. I fully understand that there free hosting couldn't be as good as the paid hosting but maybe has gone a little to far...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
In my experience the servers only have problems when they upgrade the free servers and that has been twice in the year I've been here.

I know people have been abusing the free servers because I had to contact AT&T to get their spam filter to stop blocking all of X10. And, I believe what Christopher is saying. He's never done anything that I found misleading, nor has any other of the staff.

I'd rather have the staff make the server better, than just let the problems with it get worse.

What I have done is install XAMPP on my own computer to test and debug my website, then copy it over to X10, which has a nearly identical set of features and programs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quite understand how annoyed you are but you can't blame a server dieing on the staff, or the selfishness of other uers abusing the servers.

You've obviously registered here since 2007 - it's only got bad recently and that was with all the changes and I think that's taken everyone, including staff, by surprise. Once everything is complete it will be fine again.

The paid hosting are on different servers that don't seem to get affected like the free ones do. Alternatively, if you REALLY don't like it, no one's forcing you to stay.

Last edited:

gsamurai

Reaction score
and yes you can blame it on the staff.
FROM EXperience:
Nexon is a online game company/host for different mmos. They have a game called Combat Arms. The game had hackers in it so badly that 2-4 people in each room no matter what you did were hacking. Also the ingame messenger was broken for about 3 months, along with the hitbox[meaning hitting people didnt always work]. What did nexon do in response to the hackers? nothing at all, what about the brokenness of the game? Took them 5 months to fix the ingame messenger. What did they do during that 5 months instead of fixing it? New content new content and hey more new content. And the hackers? Well they found a way to profit off of the hackers by creating a item that let you kick people out of rooms for 7$ a week.

With that nice little rant. As you can see the staff are the ones who affect everything. Instead of upgrading constantly they should keep stable versions longer. ALSO i have really disliked the staff because when all these problems happen they don't have the courtesy to their members to tell them anything.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Wouldn't you blame the hackers instead of the staff? There wouldn't be problems for them to fix if no one was hacking their game. Same thing here. There are over 200K users for this site, 10K are supposed to be banned right now. That's 5% of the whole community that are hackers or otherwise hurting this site.

Not to mention, each of those 200K plus users have users, who may be hackers as well. Millions of people are visiting these servers each year and there are only what, 20 staff members? It's an unfair fight.

Reaction score
So you're telling me that because a HDD broke here it's the staff's fault?
GET A GRIP. (I know, there are other problems too but staff are working around the clock to get things done, I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record repeating myself but I know for a fact they are!)

I'd like to see you keep the servers stable with what's going on at the moment because it wouldn't happen. What is the announcements and server alerts doing then?

They won't tell you every little detail because they simply one DON'T HAVE TO and two, don't have time to if they're trying to fix up things at the same time.

At other hosts, would you get any info? I think not. I remember using places like freewebs and bravehost in my endevours and got told NOTHING about ANYTHING.

I mean, from your experience of Nexon it's clear they had a problem. That's not x10's problem and it's not as though staff here aren't doing things to get it sorted because THEY ARE.

I know not everything is "hunky dorey" here, and I'm not even going to claim they are but users are trying to make out it's the worst host going when quite clearly it isn't!

Last edited:

gsamurai

Reaction score
to garret- Not when the company tries to make money off the the hacker problem instead of fixing it.

And did i say every little detail no? Did i day they have to? I said they dont tell us anything, because the latest info in alerts is i believe and same for announcements. Warrock and combat arms staff were the same way by the time it was fixed was when they notified their users of the problem. The servers have been having problems for quite a few days and there has been no alert or announcement as to anything concerning this.

Tell me would you treat your customers like this? Say you had a broken car and took it in to get fixed. And when you took it in they didnt tell you what was broken or how long it would take to fix. Would you be happy with their service at all? this is all ive seen from x10.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
x10 fixes everything very fast. I don't know what you all are complaining about. It's a FREE service. One of the BEST out there.

If you don't like it, Leave. Corey's said it, and I'm repeating it.

No one is forcing you to stay at x10hosting.

Picard1595

Reaction score
Not to mention you are trying to compare apples to oranges, with x10 paid and free hosting. If you really want to test out the paid host spend 6 dollars for a month of paid hosting and you will see how big of an improvement it is over the free hosting. I was only Stoli and for a while it had great up time and was working fine, then it kept having issues. I switched to x10 paid hosting and I only had downtime once and that was for 5 minutes.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy if someone fixed my car like X10 runs its free service. But, if someone gave me a free car, no matter how terrible it is, it's still a free car and still better than no free car. If you care so much about your 'car' wouldn't you take it to the best shop in town, not the cheapest?

Status
Not open for further replies.