upgraded to premium please move me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkyriejanet16

Prime Account
Reaction score
I upgraded to premium to get access to cgi-bin and python. (i feel i was bait-and-switched but $5 won\'t kill me.)

However, it still doesn\'t work. Someone on forum suggested you have to move me to new servers. Please do that and make sure to enable python and let me know when done via email. Thanks!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
This is still free hosting support. If you already bought the premium hosting package, then you'll be able to access the client area https://clients.x10hosting.com/clientarea.php. That's where you should make a support ticket to transfer your free hosting to paid. Make sure that you include all information about your free hosting account, like the ID #, domain name, email, cPanel username, and the server name. There are only volunteer helpers here in free hosting support most of the time, and we don't have access to the premium hosting support.

(i feel i was bait-and-switched but $5 won\'t kill me.)

Accusing x10hosting of dishonesty like that isn't very fair, is it, when you never asked questions before paying for prime membership, didn't you? Point out exactly where x10hosting was dishonest, please. I can't find anywhere in any of your threads where anyone told you that cgi-bin would work with prime membership.

Last edited:

valkyriejanet16

Prime Account
Reaction score
If you'll look at the front page for free hosting, it seems to say that PHP, perl, python, etc are supported.

http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-signup

It is true that if you dig into the comparison, it's clear that that's not the case. But that page just straight out mentions "PHP, MySQL, ASP.NET, Python, Perl"

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

And furthermore, when I try to register on that link it says "not allowed". I tried to get it to send me my password or change it but it says my email is not registered. I am not impressed. How do I get in touch with someone when I can't register?

This is very bizarre.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you buy Premium, or did you buy Prime or Illuminated? There is a difference, and the abuse email you sent (which is NOT a valid place to email for something like this either) indicates that the Prime registration link doesn't work, and that you can't get into the clients area.

Given that you've got a forum account marked as Prime, I'm betting you didn't get Premium which would explain why the clients area doesn't work - Premium doesn't come with Prime membership at all. The only question left is whether you got Prime or Illuminated.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Update: Checked with one of the admins, they did indeed find a paypal subscription receipt for Prime Membership. Here's what you paid for:

Supercharge your free hosting account with a prime membership. Check out our prime membership page for full details. Prime membership comes with the following perks:
* No Forum Login Rule
* One Cron Per Minute
* Really Cool Forum Badge
* Double Allowed CPU\Memory Resources
* Double Specs (Databases, Emails, Etc...)
* Support Requests Highlighted
* Access To Prime Member Forum
* No Forum Ads

All normal forum rules and hosting terms of service apply as usual. This is an upgrade to your forum and hosting account. All sales are final.

It's an upgrade to your free hosting account, meaning the free account remains on the free hosting servers. There's Illuminated (which was right below Prime on the forum subscriptions page, and premium which is over at x10premium.com - these two change your server, but they also cost more depending on which one you pick.

valkyriejanet16

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yes, Prime. I misspoke, which threw off the discussion. Apologies. However, I am still getting the file not found message when I press the button on my form. Apologies also for using the abuse email but you have no other emails that one can send to.

So ... what should I do now about my cgi-bin not being found? Wait? or ... ?

Thanks,

-------- the message --------
404 Not Found
The server can not find the requested page:

valkyrie.x10.mx/cgi-bin/post.cgi?Message=Enter+your+status+update+here. (port 80)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Last I had heard they're still working on getting CGI working; at the moment it's not fully functional, which is likely the cause of the error you're getting. Illuminated should come with it (as would Premium), but it's not functioning with Free yet. There's also no known ETA other than that it -is- being worked on, it's just not an easy thing to debug with the way the servers are set up.

My guess is that's what's causing the random 404 for that folder - CGI's not 100% "there" yet.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
On the free vs paid one, it does on Illuminated and Premium, but you'll note there is no section for Prime, because all Prime does is upgrade the Free Hosting account.

And under Free, there's a red X by CGI.

valkyriejanet16

Prime Account
Reaction score
OK, so first, I have been confusing Prime and Premium. My mistake, somehow. I plead youthful inexperience and apparently I only look at the first two letters of words.

Prime offers something better than Free but still not CGI or Python, correct?

As for Premium, at $4 per month, it does offer CGI and Python? Also correct?

Illuminated is like Premium except it has a five year $60 signup and some lower limits. Also correct?

However, when I try to send a support request to x10 to verify this, I cannot sign up for an account in the Premium area, because when I click the Register link, I get a page that says Not Allowed. And official x10 support rarely looks in here.

If I do sign up for Premium, will I get a special link that hooks me up with support, or will I still need to go log in and be unable to register? And if I do sign up, will I really get cgi-bin and Python, or do those still not work? Is there some way short of snail mail to get in communication with someone with an official answer?

Thanks.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Part of signup for Premium will set you up with a login for the clients area; I've never tested CGI/Python on my premium account PERSONALLY, but I have checked with the CEO and it is enabled on both Illuminated and Premium - neither of these use quite the same setup that free hosting does, which also means that CGI actually works.

You're dead-on with Prime, and Illuminated. One note to make with Premium however is the $4/mo plan you're seeing has you sign up for 3 years in advance ($3.95/Mo, Sign for three years), the full price is under the select button (Total cost for 3 years only $142.20). The upshot is it breaks down to that much per month over the three years, the drawback is the less time pre-paid for in advance, the more it ends up breaking down to per month; the 4.95/mo is 2 years in advance, 5.95/mo is 1 year, and 6.95/mo is month-to-month.

If you'd prefer to reverify anything, the best I can advise is what's in the light-green box on http://x10premium.com/support.php - there's an email address for if you don't remember your login details, but that same email would work in your case, just make a note that you aren't an existing Premium customer yet so they don't try to look your Premium account up yet :) Live Chat may also work, but it's not staffed 24/7 yet.

Should that happen to fail, most of the advocates/paragons/leaders here can try to get in touch with staff to confirm things if we need to, so we can be the backup plan if needbe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.