Upgrading to x10premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltongrubbs14

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm ready to upgrade to x10premium. Not that I'm not happy with the free hosting (It's amazing!) but that I'd love to have the extra features such as the site builder, 99.9% uptime, etc. Also, I'd also like to support x10 and thought that upgrading would be the best way to do so.

Right now I use an addon domain of my own on my free hosting account. When upgrading to x10premium, should I select "Existing Domain" or can I just do "x10Hosting Account Transfer"? I'd love to have the x10 team automatically migrate my x10hosting free account to my new paid account, but I don't know what I should put in "Existing Domain".

Also, I had a few more questions:

1. Is it possible to downgrade from x10premium to x10free? (If I need to, which I most likely will not)

2. Is there a limit on how many SQL Connections I can have on x10premium? I plan on having a very busy Wordpress site.

3. Is there really a limit to how much bandwidth I can use? I may use up to 5GB a day. I read the TOS but could not find anything. Also, I also know there is a 300k innode limit, which I will NEVER go over (Who the hell has 300,000 files?). I won't be going over 10GB of Disk space usage, that's for sure.

4. I'm going to start out by trying x10premium for 1 month ($6.95). If I enjoy the service provided by x10, is it possible to upgrade to 1,2, or a 3 year plan and still receive the extra bonuses and cheaper price? Or would I have to purchase x10premium AGAIN to receive the benefits?

5. I understand that x10 supports both PayPal and AlertPay. I have $50 in my PayPal, and $25 in my Alertpay. Is it possible to combine these two together to make $75, enough to pay for 1 year of web hosting? (If it's possible after I try it for 1 month first).

Thank you for the excellent support and hosting, x10!

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
1) Possible, but not automated or staff-transferred. That said, Paid re-enables the cpanel backup options, which should make it easier to transfer over.

2) If there is, I haven't found it yet. It shouldn't matter much however as there's less sites on paid, which means more resources (cpu/ram) for each page, which means each individual page view should take less time server-side to process, meaning even if the connection limit is the same, each one is staying connected less.

3) Again, if there is, I haven't found it yet. My guess is you'd run into problems with massive CPU problems before hitting any form of bandwidth cap. Only other note is 1 email does count as 1 inode, so it may not hurt to clear out old emails if you plan on receiving a lot :)

4) Far as I know it should be, when it comes time to upgrade open a ticket at the client area (links emailed after initial signup) so they can change the plan to the new one.

5) That one I'm not positive on, try emailing support @ support@x10premium.com with that question. My guess is there likely is a way to make it work - the one idea I have in mind is the button in the client area marked "Add Funds," so you may very well be able to, say, add $25 from alert pay and $50 from paypal, and then use the new system-credit to pay for the order itself. Bit of a round-about way to do it, but that -might- work. Do email them just to be safe however :)

Status
Not open for further replies.