Uploaded index.html but still getting cPanel success message

Status
Not open for further replies.

yutokagui

Reaction score
hi all,

I have uploaded an index.html file to my public_html folder, but when i enter my main url i dont see my index.html. Instead its a success page. Please help.

Thank you.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
URL we could look at?

It could be that your browser or IP has cached the old page and is just serving it up. Try clearing your browser cache, or try www.yourdomain.com/index.html?x (with a ?x added to the url to force the browser to grab a new version of the page).

And, just in case, Index.html is not the same as index.html. Capitalization matters.

yutokagui

Reaction score
URL we could look at?

It could be that your browser or IP has cached the old page and is just serving it up. Try clearing your browser cache, or try www.yourdomain.com/index.html?x (with a ?x added to the url to force the browser to grab a new version of the page).

And, just in case, Index.html is not the same as index.html. Capitalization matters.

Wao, thanks for the quick reply.

my url is http://www.23m.co.cc/

i have emptied my cache, run on 2 different browsers, check to see that my file is "index.html" and did the ?x thingy that you have told. None of that worked.

Thanks for the help.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There must be something else going on here because the page showing up for the address isn't the default index.html page that a new account starts with.

yutokagui

Reaction score
There must be something else going on here because the page showing up for the address isn't the default index.html page that a new account starts with.

Does this mean that my registration/settings with co.cc has something wrong?

Or is it to do with cpanel?

Please advice.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that it's on x10hosting's end because that's where your cPanel is, and it's a success page for the cPanel. Hopefully an administrator sees this thread soon to take a look at the problem. In the meantime, please post your cPanel username in an edit to your post or as a reply so that they can respond to the problem in a timely manner.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi yutokagui,

The http://www.23m.co.cc/ contains a zone record. Did you set the MX records correctly.

OR

Another option is

set the nameservers to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

This may take 24 to 48 hours.

Then park the domain in your cpanel.

yutokagui

Reaction score
Hi yutokagui,

The http://www.23m.co.cc/ contains a zone record. Did you set the MX records correctly.

OR

Another option is

set the nameservers to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

This may take 24 to 48 hours.

Then park the domain in your cpanel.

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I have already set the server names to the ones you listed before posting my questions in the forum.

As for setting the MX records correctly, could you please tell me what that is? I cant seem to figure out what is its.

Thanks

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If you set the name servers then zone records are not required.

And wait for 24 - 48 hours for name servers propagation

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
But worth Why your 23m.co.cc whois record is showing service type as ZONE RECORD

Can you check that.

Actually it has to show there nameserver 1 and nameserver 2

Didi you really changed the domain name servers there for 23m.co.cc

haraprasad

Reaction score

I haven't seen the default index.html though, still I think you should delete the index.html file and then upload it again. There may be a problem when you uploaded that page.And you should make sure that there is no other index files in public_html directory (like index.php, index.htm,index.asp, home.asp etc..)

As for name server settings, you see the success page because your DNS records has already been propagated. Otherwise you'd see an error message.

That's what I think and I'm no where near an expert;)

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The DNS address record for www.23m.co.cc doesn't appear to point to an X10 host:
www.23m.co.cc. 86204 IN A 69.162.115.244
244.115.162.69.in-addr.arpa. 3600 IN PTR 244-115-162-69.reverse.lstn.net.
23m.co.cc. 86400 IN A 114.207.244.141
207.114.in-addr.arpa. 10800 IN SOA g.dns.kr. inverse.nic.or.kr. 2009081801 21600 900 604800 43200
Are you sure you registered 23m.co.cc properly? When did you register the domain & set the name servers?

Last edited:

yutokagui

Reaction score
But worth Why your 23m.co.cc whois record is showing service type as ZONE RECORD

Can you check that.

Actually it has to show there nameserver 1 and nameserver 2

Didi you really changed the domain name servers there for 23m.co.cc

Yes i notice that it shows Zone record. I have resetup the domain on co.cc, now it shows

Service Type : Name server (DNS)

Hope that helps. Thanks for the replies everyone

yutokagui

Reaction score
Thanks a million everyone.

Problem fixed. It was the DNS vs zone record issue.

Thanks.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Thanks a million everyone.

Problem fixed. It was the DNS vs zone record issue.

Thanks.

Hi yutokagui,

Now that your problem is resolved, I am going to close this thread. Feel free to create a new support request if you need more help or have any additional questions.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.