uploading folders not files

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheese1421

hey guys,

I'm new at this. With file manager I can only upload files correct? What if i want to upload an entire folder of files? I have a little experience with ftp, but not much. when it says to use "yourcpanelid.x10hosting.com" where is that actually found? is that the first listed account on the FTP manager? thanks for your help!

-Benny

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, if you want to upload files with File Manager, you''l have to create the folders there and the upload the files one be one. Why don't you try ftp, instead of using an ftp program you can use your browser, enter this ftp://username:password@yourdomain, in the public_html folder copy and paste all folder and files you want. Now, using an FTP Program would be easier, I like Cute FTP, but there are others, search in http://www.download.com/ for FTP. FTP is much much easier than File Manager.

C

cheese1421

Thanks guys! I got it to work through smartftp first. It seems ok. I also figured out the I.E. ftp. I just didn't understand the correct address, so thank you for helping me with that. Thanks again guys!

-Benny

forza

Reaction score
I put my all my files in a .zip file, upload it and extract. I have never used ftp. I love using File Manager.

Chirantha

Reaction score
I put my all my files in a .zip file, upload it and extract. I have never used ftp. I love using File Manager.

It should be

I put all my files in a .zip file and I extract. I have never used FTP. I just love using the File Manager.

I am not good at spelling but I am good at grammer. :)

And I also don't like FTP because its very slow. It takes 20 seconds to rename or delete a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.