Uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

Reaction score
Here's 2 very stupid questions, but I'm starting to get confused, so I'm gonna ask anyways.

First Question:

When I'm using cPanel, and I go to File Manager to upload my website, what folder do I put it in? :blink: Because when I upload it to the main folder (/), it doesn't go to the index.html when I visit the website. (It just shows that / index page that shows the contents of the site)

My second question is:

I put the ad codes into my website and it says: "Your Advertisement Here?".
Is it supposed to do that, will it change later or what?

Someone please help me, I'm getting desperate to set-up the site. :crying:

Chris

Reaction score
For your first question....

You put it in /public_html/. BTW, the cPanel at sometimes seems to be slow, so I'm just suggesting you get an FTP client. When you do, you use the same username and pass as your cPanel login, and use ftp.subdomain.x10hosting.com for the ftp server.

For your second question...

I'm not really sure what you mean or how that could be true... Can you show me a link so I can verify you put the code in right?

nicholas

Reaction score
his site is @ biggie.x10hosting.com. Can see that he has his site set up and the ads is at the right hand bottom.

Biggie

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. :eek:)

To check out what's up with the ads, go to biggie.x10hosting.com/main.html

Chris

Reaction score
Oh I see what you meant by "Your Advertisement Here?". That's what the ad is. It can change whenever we want.

The ads have to be towards the top. It has to be so you can see it without scrolling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.