!!!Urgent Help Needed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new member to x10hosting and liked this hosting very much.But i am facing a problem while setting up PHP-Nuke as my home page, when i go for its installation, where its asks in which directory you want to install, i don't give any name so that it could be installed as the homepage, but then after filling all the fields when i click to go to next step it gives me error saying that it could be installed in the main directory i.e. "public_html" because there are many similar files. It give me this kind of error

Please help me in this matter and also how to install a forum on my PHP-Nuke. It can be any forum phpBB or IPB 2.1.3 but i prefer IPB 2.1.3.

My Website: http://gmahal.x10hosting.com
x10hosting Plan: Corporate.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Php-Nuke comes with phpBB built-in. I think the error is just saying that you may have similar files to those that php-nuke has to install. So I would see if you have any similar files and deleate them or move them elsewhere.

Genius

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Akkarin. Can i put a one webpage as a homepage and then link it to the location where PHP-Nuke is located and also i will place your ads on the homepage. Is this gonna be right with you ppl?Does it creates any problems if i do like this?

And one more thing how can i install IPB 2.1.3 on PHP-Nuke.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Ye you can install php-nuke in a folder and then create a main file which will link to php-nuke. You have to place ads on all the pages. If you need help placing ads on phpnuke I think there's a tutorial on the forum somewhere.

You can't install IPB into PHP-Nuke as Php-Nuke comnes with phpBB built-in. You could however make it link to an installation of IPB you may have.

B

Brandon

You can't install IPB into PHP-Nuke as Php-Nuke comnes with phpBB built-in.
Yes you can how did they get Php-Nuke in. I saw someone do it once.

Akkarin

Reaction score
DesertWar said:
You can't install IPB into PHP-Nuke as Php-Nuke comnes with phpBB built-in.
Yes you can how did they get Php-Nuke in. I saw someone do it once.

Lol guess I was wrong. But I doubt there's a pre-built download available. So you'll have to edit the code? Or am I wrong there too?

Genius

Reaction score
One more thing guys how can i upgrade to phpBB forums in PHP-Nuke. Its giving me 2.0.14 and the newer version is 2.0.18. And akkarin you were saying that i can install IPB 2.1.3 and then link to it on the PHP-Nuke. Please explain me on how to link the forums buttons to IPB 2.1.3 when i will install.

Akkarin

Reaction score
I haven't used Php-Nuke in a loooong time can't remember I'd have to re-install it. You might be able to edit it through the AdminCpanel.

Akkarin

Reaction score
You have to edit the header.php file and ad it to the very top.

Status
Not open for further replies.