Urgent Monitor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
Could anyone plese help me? I just bought this expensive monitor and my stupid cousin ran his magnet over the screen. Now all the colors are distorted on the screen. Please help on how I could correct this. :dunno:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go into the options it should have a "degausse" (sp?) option. Usually looks like a magnet, if anything will fix it, that will.

-Corey

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
Could anyone plese help me? I just bought this expensive monitor and my stupid cousin ran his magnet over the screen. Now all the colors are distorted on the screen. Please help on how I could correct this. :dunno:

What type of monitor is it? Assuming its a CRT, try degaussing it (it's a setting accessed through the buttons on the monitor, usually a magnet symbol in the on-screen menu)

swirly

Reaction score
if it dosnt have a deguass or w/e, i saw how u might can fix it on techtv. if u have a drill then i put a magnet on it an run the drill slowly place it near the screen, not quite touching. and run it around the perimeter of the glass part starting and the lower right corner. once at the top right corner, slowly bring it to the center, and pull it away, this should fix it. cause i saw it a while ago on tv.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
Make your cousin pay for it. He obviously has no respect for other people's stuff.

If he doesn't have the money, ask his parents for the money.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:

Should have gotten LCD, mine dosnt get anything wrong. Even a drop on the floor to a magnet, this 4 year old LCD still stands up to the world:happysad:

Also when I got mine, they were expensive, my parents paid $604 for it in 2001

Fire Wolf

Reaction score
Thanks all, I used the Degausse option and it's back to it'soriginal self :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Fire Wolf said:
Thanks all, I used the Degausse option and it's back to it'soriginal self :)

Yes, you can also use that when the monitor gets all wierd...like shacky and stuff...ive used it a lot before

Status
Not open for further replies.