[URGENT] My website is being hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Neither file is malicious; the first is from the site builder, and the second is a server file that auto-creates if it's missing. In this case, it's blank, so it doesn't do anything; many CMS's do use the .htaccess file though, so erasing it is not recommended unless something's seriously broken, and even then I only recommend renaming it to .htaccess.bak to confirm it's not the cause of the problem. The first one can be safely erased, but it may come back if you use the site builder again.

sicelx10

Reaction score
Neither file is malicious; the first is from the site builder, and the second is a server file that auto-creates if it's missing. In this case, it's blank, so it doesn't do anything; many CMS's do use the .htaccess file though, so erasing it is not recommended unless something's seriously broken, and even then I only recommend renaming it to .htaccess.bak to confirm it's not the cause of the problem. The first one can be safely erased, but it may come back if you use the site builder again.
Also i didnt upload this: http://xxxxxxx/.smileys
My website doesnt use smileys, what's hapenning?!

Last edited:

sicelx10

Reaction score
Hmm, it seems that all that files and folders got deleted from my public_html folder, thanks so much for fixing it :)

bachoacho

Reaction score
You seriously need to check the spelling of your site...
Olvidastes..

Status
Not open for further replies.