USA vs Spain

merrillmck

Reaction score
How about that? Nice to see USA soccer making some noise!

I'm pretty sure soccer is appropriate in Off-Topic which makes me wonder why all these suspension threads are in here too.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Spain just had a bad day. The won the UEFA EURO 2008 beating Germany (3-time winner of the World Cup) and have been undefeated in every game they've played in the past three years. Good for USA though, nice to see them actually accomplish something besides beating Ecuador.

merrillmck

Reaction score
Spain just had a bad day. The won the UEFA EURO 2008 beating Germany (3-time winner of the World Cup) and have been undefeated in every game they've played in the past three years. Good for USA though, nice to see them actually accomplish something besides beating Ecuador.

We beat England in the 50's (or late 40's), Colombia in 92, Brazil in 98 (I think), and now #1 Spain in 2009 to reach our first finals in a major international tournament. Pretty big for us since two lines lists our major victories in 90 years of soccer [football].

Now can we get our second victory ever against Brazil (after they crushed us 3-0) earlier in this tournament?

It was a tough game for Spain. You all had more shots, mores shots on goal, and more time with the ball ... but sometimes all that doesn't translate into a victory.

merrillmck

Reaction score
I was just talking about recently because in 50 yeas, or even 10, it's almost a completely different team.

My 2nd comment wasn't a direct response to anything you said ... I was just pointing out how historic the victory was for American soccer.