Using a MySQL DB that I backed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawtSauce

Reaction score
Okay, so I went to the backup section in Cpanel and saved my DB to my hard drive. Then, I proceeded to delete my DB, and forum. Next, I restored my MySQL database the I had saved and used for the forum. Then, I re-uploaded the forum software and installed it using the same DB as I had before.

Problem is, none of the old posts, users, forums, settings, ect are still there from my old forum. Is there a way to just restore everything I had before on a clean installation?

n4tec

Reaction score
You got to probably manually installing the posts..

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
you do have to do it manulay.

open the mysql data pase file in the rar program and go through untill you find the post. download the newer version of the data base online in cpanel edit and past the code in the fourm posts part!

HawtSauce

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. Can you slow down a little bit and make the directions a little bit more clear and precise? I need to know exactly what to do, and where to go to get all of my posts AND members back.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
this may work i am having to do this for phpnuke as a test.

first open your old back up from your fourm it should be someting1.rar then open it sql down to the user part then keep it open!
go to cpanel back up then download the latest version of your fourm data base download open up they same way to see data scroll down to the same point insert the code from the old one to the new one then re upload the data base and see what hapens i am not sure about post yet!

HawtSauce

Reaction score
I am still lost. I don't know what you mean by "open in it is SQL" or "download the latest version of your forum data base". I am totally confused. Sorry, but I am quite new at all of this stuff.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
the data base file is like this someting.rar yes you need some software to extract it go to gooogle and type in rar.

done that once installed the rar file should look like some pile of books open it. then the sould be 1 file open that the mysql dtat is in that! :grin:

HawtSauce

Reaction score
Okay, I did that and all I see is thousands of lines of jumbled letters and various code that I have no idea what to do with.

n4tec

Reaction score
HawtSauce said:
Okay, I did that and all I see is thousands of lines of jumbled letters and various code that I have no idea what to do with.

what forum script are you using? if PhPBB2 i can show you how to get you old posts back? :happy:

Revolution

Reaction score
maybe when you installed the forum again you overwrited the backup, you should try to restore the backup again

michaelp

Reaction score
Go to Cpanel > Backup

Restore a MySQL Database
Browse your MySql and upload.

But database must have same name, username and password like old database.

----------------------------------------
Plz give me some points for this

Status
Not open for further replies.