using mail server

yudik

Reaction score
i have a website that can send email, i use function mail() to send email. i was trying at my local computer, it's work. but when i upload it on this server it's don't work, please help me!

RamRam

Reaction score
hmm! What packgae You Have? Ad-Free? Iguess mail() function is disabled in that package.

Pingy

Reaction score
No, PHP's mail() function isn't disabled in any of x10's incredibly extensive hosting packages. However, in order to help you further, I'll need to see the code in question. On occasion, different servers will interpret certain special characters different and this could be causing the problem. Additionally, some servers require that you include the headers parameter in the mail() function. But, as I said, if I had some code to look at, I could help you to a higher degree...

Last edited:

drf1229

Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm not the same guy, but I'm experiencing a similar problem. My mail function looks like this:

PHP:
$to = $_POST['email'];
$subject = "New visitor";
$message = "A new visitor with the ip $ip has visited your site! \n \n The total list is: $filetext1";
$from = "drflax@comcast.net";
$headers = "From: $from";
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
It works when I use the email algebrahelpsupport@gmail.com, but not when I use drflax@comcast.net or MyWork1229@gmail.com (both my emails).