Using my own Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnahb

Reaction score
Hello people, I just registered to x10hosting for my blog, was using freehostia before but they must be having problems because my blog is down for hours everyday. So I plan to switch to x10 as Ive heard good things. Anyway, i setup my account like 'mysite.x10hosting.com' until I back up all my stuff from freehostia.

My question is, how do I go about setting up and using my own domain with x10? With freehostia I found it pretty straight forward. I know about changing my nameservers at 123-reg where I purchased my domain, thats no problem. Just setting it up within x10 is confusing me :S.

Also one more thing, if I back up my mysql database over at freehostia, will I be able to upload it and use with x10? Or will there be compatability issues?

Anyway thanks for any help and input! :cool:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
It's simple.. All you need to do is change the domain nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, then login to the account control panel at www.x10hosting.com/login Once logged in, look for the "Account Details" section, check the box labled "Check if using my own domain" and enter your domain. (NOTE: Do this only after the nameservers have updated. to prevent/limit site downtime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.