Using the Credits for something else?

Mikey

Reaction score
Hey,

I just had a bright idea, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the past before because I didn't bother searching for it. I noticed that there are only a few things you can do with the credits in regards to using it for your hosting account.

What if the staff somehow developed a balanced and fair shop where you can choose to simply upgrade some aspects of your host. For example, for a specified amount of Points, you can upgrade your hosting package's web space. Or, you could also possibly increase the Bandwidth limit you have on your account. The thing to manage carefully is the amount of space, bandwidth, etc... to offer and how much will each cost. I believe that each upgrade should probably go over 500+ Points so that, if the staff thought of allowing members to upgrade once they have something like 100+ Points, they could avoid all the spam accounts that could potentially be made.

Just a thought of another method of using these previous Points.

Thanks for your time ^.^

SykaX

Reaction score
I like it, but the spam-block? Eh, that doesn't really work. Other than that, though; I really like this idea.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. This is something we've definitely wanted to look into for a while. It is definitely on our to do list, it just requires a lot of changes to how our backend handles accounts so it will recognize which users got upgrades.

-Corey

Mikey

Reaction score
I like it, but the spam-block? Eh, that doesn't really work. Other than that, though; I really like this idea.

Well, there's always the option of opening a Points Moderation Group to monitor the transactions that occurs. It may be tiresome and annoying, but it will be able to control something like I had mentioned previously.