Utility to check what server you are on (Attn: Brandon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kajasweb

Reaction score
- The URL of the site is independent of the server.
- AdFree accounts are on Absolut & Cossacks
- AdEnhanced accounts are on Stoli

You can get the Server in which your account is on by matching the IPs given below with the IP Address you get for the A Record lookup for your URL.

Absolut - 74.86.116.187
Cossacks - 74.86.116.190
Stoli - 74.86.116.188

Hope, this helps you.

Last edited:

tpflum

Reaction score
I am new to x10 and several hours ago I changed the existing registration for nancypflum.com to use ns1.x10hosting.com. Now my web site is down, in the account management panel, the primary domain is correct and the cPanel URL looks correct but not accessible, and when using the check server Utility I get "Unable to determine server of nancypflum.com ". Where do I go next?

kajasweb

Reaction score
Add two NS Entries for your domain

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

If ns1 goes down, ns2 can handle it.

Or

Buy Managed DNS Service and Add A Record for your domain pointing to 74.86.116.190 (Your account is in Cossacks)

Last edited:

tpflum

Reaction score
Actually I did enter both the primary server ns1.x10hosting.com and the secondary server ns2.x10hosting.com.
Thanks

toonshorty

Reaction score
Sometimes it can take up to 3 days before your domain can reach your site...

When I registered my domain it took a day before the domain reached the server

tpflum

Reaction score
OK. Three days seems like a long time for the change to propagate. What's got me worried is the the old site is now gone so I now have no web site. An even bigger concern is the email account. It is still working so I get email to that domain name but when will it stop?
Also, once I am able to access the cPanel, how will I set up mail forwarding? Is it intuitive? Since I can't get to cPanel, I have no idea what setup is available. Is there a sample setup somewhere? I did a seach for email setup and didn't get a hit.

Thanks,
Tony

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
It's fairly simple once you get into it. Be patient, cPanel will be available soon. They are working to get everything restored. After it's restored, if you still can't figure it out, then post back and we'll be glad to assist you with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.