Very Strange / File Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi_

Reaction score
I thought I'd describe this as browsing the forums, I didn't see anything that would seem to explain...

Disclaimer: I'm weird, I like taking files like config.php (with passwords, etc) and move them out of the web root to my home directory and symlink the file back to the webroot...

I went to my website today (straightshaving.com - punBB) and got an error message that config.php doesn't exist, that in itself is strange since I didn't delete it... I openeded up FTP to the host (cossacks), and sure as the error stated, the config.php file was no longer there. Now for the stranger part, logging into Cpanel's file manager, the config.php file was still present. I downloaded the file through the manager & uploaded back to the host with FTP (no overwrite, file exists errors) and the site is working again...

I'm not particularly looking for a reason as to why, as it seems rather bizarre to me, but I thought I'd share so others could ponder also... ;)

hemi_

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
A lot of this has been happening while the servers are being upgraded. This should all be resolved soon. Corey will be making a special place for this issues soon.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
garrettroyce is right server is updating now-a-days you should wait for it

Status
Not open for further replies.