virus in computer

tabish3

Reaction score
hi friends whenever i try to show hidden file and folder in folder option it doesn't show hidden file and returns to do not show hidden files and folder i know its a virus infection can any one tel how to overcime this i m using avast and it is not capable to find it can any one tell me the name of folder in which this virus is where i can delete it plz help me is it ramvon how to remove it i m unable for online scan

Last edited:

rockee

Reaction score
hi friends whenever i try to show hidden file and folder in folder option it doesn't show hidden file and returns to do not show hidden files and folder i know its a virus infection can any one tel how to overcime this i m using avast and it is not capable to find it can any one tell me the name of folder in which this virus is where i can delete it
Do these 2 Google keyword searches (copy and paste the bold text into a search text box):
online virus check
This one you will find all the top virus scanner software companies represented, so you have a choice of many quality virus checkers.
You could well have the ravmon virus - see next search for possible solutions.

and
show hidden files and folders not working
Here you will find some registry hacks and articles by others who have had similar issues.

You may find an answer to your problem from those searches or else all you may get here is guess work as you have not included much troubleshooting info.

Good luck,
Rocky

Last edited:

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
more on that virus... http://fivepointsome1.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-remove-ravmon-virus-from-your-pc.html

Is your right click context menu showing some Chinese scripts ? Is your show hidden files and folders not working ? Is your command prompt , Registry Editor and task manager disabled ??

If all these things are happening to your Computer , the reason is that it has got infected by a virus named " RAVMON " .What can this Virus do ??

• Disables task manager , Registry Editor and Command prompt .
  • Right click menu shows some Chinese scripts as shown in the figure.
  • Computer shutdown automatically and slogs a lot.
  • Folder Options disappear
  • Show hidden files and folders Option won't work.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
One site you could try is http://safety.live.com . Panda security online also has a free scanner. I don't know how good it is compared to the one above, but the one above has been able to pretty much find everything and clean it out.

lottab

Reaction score
Are you sure you have administrative rights to make changes? There is a site called Castle Cops. They are a bunch of IT experts that run a free help site for things just like this. Google for Castle Cops and just see what may be there. Also a good online virus scan is bitdefender.com. It picked up things that the DoD virus scan missed (how about that for national security?). Good Luck :biggrin:

hamsn

Reaction score
u have some registry keys which can be re enabled to view those options

but only after the removal of virus,
because the virus also disables registry editing
so after removal only its possible to change registry keys

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
the file might be corrupted already. use mcaffee virus scanner remover, not the anti virus program itself.