Visual Basic... OOP!!

Zdroyd

Reaction score
It seems (because of my lack of contact with the internet) that last year Microsoft made Visual Basic (the once sadest programming language) Object Oriented!

This meens that games can now be even easlier made with Visual Basic!! This is an outrage! Visual Basic is trying to compete with the likes of C++ and C!

Some one agree with me that Visual Basic will never be the best! I need the reasurance!

How long have I been out of the loop!

MasterMax1313

Reaction score
um... wow, vb has been OO since at least 2002 with .NET 1, and probably longer. It is a part of the "new" .NET framework from MS... along with C#. Perhaps a brief peruse of the internet will help you to see the plethora of new languages out there.

oh, and you may want to take a peak at XAML.

and C# is just c++ with forced OO.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Yes I know its sad... I have not studied Visual Basic in a while, last time I did study it it was not OO. Seeing that I moved over to C++, which is what I use now...

I always saw Visual Basic as a "sucky" language.

swirly

Reaction score
Whats the big deal. What language you prefer is all a matter or preference and opinion, or at least what your boss wants you to use. I mean its not that big of a deal. Making a language easier to use just means that its easier for others to get into programming and allows a wider variety of games and software avaiable to the general public. Who knows some day you may need a piece of software that one of the people who got started in the "horrible" language of VB just happened to make.

natsuki

Reaction score
VB was my start it was semi OO back then (they argued it was OOP) VB5 then VB6. Then came VB .NET it was fine but the biggest drawback was that it was not backwards compatible. It won't compile old code at all. It was kinda slow and has a lot of overhead. But I did manage to make a lot of apps with it (now I can't do anything with all my codes because I've lost my VB .NET already, but I still have VB6). It said it was part of the .NET platform stuff. But I really didn't like it because you needed the .NET Framework Runtime files just to make your apps run which is a big boo. Not to mention that's 100MB+. >_<

Those were the past. I'm using C++ now and I really like it. Fast and powerful. And I'm also using assembly which is the ultimate stuff.

You can also make your own language if you want, which I am doing right now.^^

Last edited: