Want a free linux cd?

dsfreak

Reaction score
I have a site, so tell me what you think! I won't post the site yet, but will soon, just want to see what everyone thinks. This site will send you a free linux cd, it can be any free linux OS, and this is possible because people send them cds/DVDs! I have requested one and it is on the way! Cool huh?

Maurice

Reaction score
Not really, Linux is useless as the way I see it (With the games department)

repusmod

Reaction score
Okay you want us to tell you what we think about your site, but you will not give us the adresse, ohh that is amezing, and I have no clue what the hell you are talking about in your post...

dsfreak

Reaction score
What the hell I am talking about? I said, do you want a free linux CD/DVD? It IS NOT my site, I NEVER said that! So, I am asking you, what would you thnik about getting a free linux cd/DVD?

I have a site, so tell me what you think! I won't post the site yet, but will soon, just want to see what everyone thinks. This site will send you a free linux cd, it can be any free linux OS, and this is possible because people send them cds/DVDs! I have requested one and it is on the way! Cool huh?

XColl

Reaction score
You said "I have a site" so basicly you said that was your site.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
So tell us? Duh? Dont get all mad and have to defend yourself. Just say the site, or don't tell us about it. It doesn't make sense.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
He wants to know what you all think of a site that gives away free linux cd's thats what hes asking. I personally went to a site and ordered 10 ubuntu linux cd's and got them free of charge delivered right to my door and they work perfectly. I think its a great idea myself. If you got that address of the site PM me with it I`ll take some more. :)

nicholas

Reaction score
:happy: Should have just simply say "I have an idea of using my site to give away linux cd.... :happy:

Conclusion?

He shouldnt have start his sentence with "I have a site, so tell me what you think! I won't post the site yet...." :laughing:

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
That site's like www.linuxiso.org. Only you have the hassle of having to wait 4-6 weeks to get what you could have downloaded overnight if you had broadband. :-/

In my opinion, if you're still using dialup and/or don't know how to burn an .ISO image, you shouldn't be trying linux anyways.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
In my opinion, if you're still using dialup and/or don't know how to burn an .ISO image, you shouldn't be trying linux anyways

What does dialup have to do with using linux ? Just asking.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
They are not going to send any linux CD's for another 6 weeks becasue the dude that sends them can't becasue he is on vacation, but you can be on the mailing list for later....

Neuromancer

Reaction score
I got ubuntu delivered just to see what it was like

The Live CD works okay...but like all linux distros.. does not recognize my wireless internet Device.

Also the install CDs did not work

There are numerous types of linux live CDs. But personally since I work mostly withwindows I prefer my WinXPE CD for doing system repairs/ preparation.

Xp/2003 Live CD!

dsfreak

Reaction score
Hey, microtech, you must not have read that, it said he would be back EARLY may, and now it is LATe may, so I think he is back...

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Neuromancer said:
I got ubuntu delivered just to see what it was like

The Live CD works okay...but like all linux distros.. does not recognize my wireless internet Device.

Also the install CDs did not work

There are numerous types of linux live CDs. But personally since I work mostly withwindows I prefer my WinXPE CD for doing system repairs/ preparation.

Xp/2003 Live CD!

I got 10 copies of ubuntu probably from the same place you did. I have not tried this on wireless but all mine work fine. The install cd does have problems if you have the wrong video drivers installed. If you use a nvidia grfx card update to the latest drivers and try it.

izmaelis

Reaction score
ademonicbaby said:
Not really, Linux is useless as the way I see it (With the games department)
Games are not only thing that works bad or doesn't work at all on Linux. Multimedia things, i.e. software sound mixing is yet quite buggy, wireless, winmodems and etc. Thats why I say "if you have enough money and want to spare your free time DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH LINUX". I was interseted in it, but after burning out light a bulb after a horror night of configuring I jumped back to Windows XP.

Maurice

Reaction score
I guess that's a good reason to call it Linsux (Widows and Macintrash)

Articz

Reaction score
^LOL

but thanks for the site like im learning to use linux at college and this would help my friends and me out alot

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
you can find it in http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org

try to get free linux cd from that site.this is absolutely free and ship worldwide

dsfreak said: