Was I suspended or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Three Days ago, when I tried to view posts, forums showed "Updating System".Then I rechecked after couple of hours later, I got a page with forums rules, it asked for accepting the rules, which I did. Then again something of similar sort came in when I tried to reply to a thread, again I accepted.
Today again(but different pages) I got:
The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.

You can view the thread here.
*********After Accepting*************8
Always, always use the search feature before posting. If you are unable to find an answer via search then you may create a new thread.

When you create a new thread include as much information as possible, your cPanel name, your website address, and a link to the issue if applicable so we can see the problem live.

Our support forums are setup similar to a ticket system, when an issue is resolved the thread is closed and put at the bottom of the list. If you do not see a thread you opened ALWAYS check the closed threads to see if it was marked as resolved. If it's closed but not resolved you may re-open it by going to the thread and clicking on thread tools->open thread.

All threads are automatically closed after 3 days of inactivity. Again, always check the closed threads to make sure your thread was not marked as resolved before opening a new one.

People who do not follow these rules will lose their privilege to post in the support forums

Everyone should also read this thread: Important Information - Read BEFORE Posting before making a post.
1>Please tell me what exactly is happening(with me) ? Did anyone else get these things ?

2>Another thing that I am struggling with is creating a new thread.Most of the time when I check in, I get "Forum is closed for posting".But I can "post" a reply to a thread. Also I can create new thread by going to any closed thread.
Please help me on this....how to create a new thread in appropriate section(as I have seen some threads with "Moved to Section", so how do I create a new thread in right section?)

I pm-ed someone(some big-boy) asking something, which I think now(also thought it earlier too)I shouldn't have.
Edit:
And I apologize for it !

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't help with the posting problem, but yes everyone looks to have gotten those rules confirmation things.

I'm guessing Corey and the staff threw it in to try and quell some stuff, and to further justify infractions/instant locks of topics that are clearly reposts of stuff that shouldn't be posted (say, spam for instance).

Don't fret about it, just a pretty much guaranteed way to either get everyone to read the rules, or at least get them to say they did so if they get caught breaking them, the excuse "I didn't know" won't fly. :)

Xemnas

Reaction score
It's a new mod for vBulletin we came up with, a user is forced to view it before they can post if they have not yet seen it. Staff also have the ability to force a user to view the page again if they need a reminder.

tittat

Reaction score
i love this forced viewing, as it will remind me about the importtant things that we shall not omit.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Just another fine example of dictatorship. You will do as we say, not as we do.

Chris73

Reaction score
We had to do something. This 30 posts on the same issue makes it hard for staff to work on getting the issue resolved.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank You Everyone !
But what about:
2>Another thing that I am struggling with is creating a new thread.Most of the time when I check in, I get "Forum is closed for posting".But I can "post" a reply to a thread. Also I can create new thread by going to any closed thread.
Please help me on this....how to create a new thread in appropriate section(as I have seen some threads with "Moved to Section", so how do I create a new thread in right section?)

Status
Not open for further replies.