Web language

Marzy

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to ask why website language need to be english, I would like to have forum in lithuanian language, why this is impossible?

jsobeck

Reaction score
This is so our account managers can check your site to make sure you are not breaking any rules. If I recall, you are welcome to have your lithuanian forum, as long as there is an option for an english translation.

ryoko126

Reaction score
This is so our account managers can check your site to make sure you are not breaking any rules. If I recall, you are welcome to have your lithuanian forum, as long as there is an option for an english translation.

So does this mean that if I join a forum that's in another language, and I choose the english translation, will what I type be translated into Lithuanian too? Just hypothetically asking.

Marzy

Reaction score
So in my forum would be let's say English and Lithuanian translations, and members must be able to change it if they want. Right?

Last edited:

jsobeck

Reaction score
Ryoko - That's something code-specific, depends how the site is set up.

Marzy - That's the way I understand it, you might have to have English as the primary language. You could use the search function here and see if this has come up before (I believe it has) or wait for a staff member to verify this.

Marzy

Reaction score
I don't understad why website language is so important, and there is so inflexible rules.

Last edited:

jsobeck

Reaction score
It's a security thing - I'm sure Corey doesn't want the servers raided and him getting in trouble for something illegal someone hosted - not that anyone would do that, but it's a necessary measure.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, jsobeck has got it, we need to make sure what you are doing on the servers is legal and is allowed in the United States.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
As of now, only three languages are supported at x10Hosting. And Lithuanian is not among them, so as the others have pointed out you can have the forum as long as there is a exact translation of it in English. This rule is inflexible.